Job Title - Yard Person / Handy Man / Warehouse person
Location – Silsoe, Bedfordshire
Salary – £22,000 - £24,000
My client is a facilities & building maintenance company providing service to commercial and residential properties. Established over 7 years they have a fantastic reputation for great service. Covering London, South East of England, East Anglia, and the Midlands.
We are looking for a yard person/handyman/Wearhouse person to work at our offices to carry out a wide range of duties from stock, delivering parts, keeping the yard clean, and light maintenance work.
About the job
- General basic maintenance repairs within office/warehouse and external areas
- Liaise with parts co-ordinator on stock levels/availability / reservations
- Warehouse organisation/shelves marked up, sections created and maintained
- General warehouse upkeep
- Take deliveries and assist engineers in the morning loading vehicles
- Vehicle Collections / Exchanges with garages/repairers
About the successful applicant
You will have good experience in warehouse position, it would also be desirable if you had worked in a yard person or caretaker type of position. Be happy with hands-on work, working in confined spaces, and being physically able to carry out the work. happy to drive and deliver parts and materials to engineers around London.
To be successful you will have:
Full UK Licence
Positive attitude and good work ethic.