Property & Construction
As a result of a major investment programme to improve and upgrade our customers’ homes, we have multiple roles for experienced UPVC Technicians, to install and fit windows and doors to our residential properties.
We’ll supply you with a fully equipped hybrid van (no insurance renewals or services to concern yourself with as we do that) and a fuel card to ensure you can get around easily. We’ll provide you with an electronic tablet where you can see your scheduled jobs and access our intranet for the latest Company news. You’ll also get a mobile phone, work clothing and PPE and we’ll aim to book your jobs in your local area where possible. You will be the face of Paradigm and will deliver a quality service to our customers in their homes, so a friendly and polite manner is as important as competence and high standards of work in your given trade. In this role you’ll be part of the Planned Works UPVC Window and Doors department and will install in a team of two to our customers’ homes.
Role specific requirements:
- Relevant qualification/certifications or substantial experience
- Experience/knowledge of windows and door systems (including UPVC, Aluminium, Composite, and Wood) in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings relevant building codes, legislation, regulations, policies and procedures installation and maintenance.
- The ability to take accurate measurements for glazing, windows, and doors, follow drawings and plans to installation
- Perform scheduled/reactive maintenance service on window glazing systems, doors systems and fixtures including UPVC, Aluminium, Composite, and Wood
- Interior and exterior trim repairs to cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in homes
About us: We are a Best Companies 1 STAR accredited organisation in recognition of our high employee engagement and offer a welcoming and friendly environment. We are clearly focussed on the delivery of our five-year corporate plan with ambitious and challenging objectives including improving our environment and sustainability targets to deliver quality homes to people who need them.
Paradigm employs more than 550 staff, has over 16,000 properties, with an annual turnover of +£120million, we are a financially strong, safety conscious, and an environmentally aware social housing provider. We endeavour to make the best use of our resources in order to provide a cost effective and professional service to our customers. We aim to provide a first fix service where possible, with professional, polite and competent people delivering and exceeding on our Customer Care Standards.
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Annual Bonus potential
- Professional Sponsorship Scheme (subject to conditions) and professional subscriptions paid
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more.
- Up to 3 paid ‘Giving back’ (volunteer) days per year
- Opportunities for career advancement – if that’s what you want, but it’s fine if you don’t
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ
We support flexible working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in shortlisting will be conducted in line with the essential and desirable criteria set out in the person specification.