We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Programme Manager to lead our Warm Homes Programme. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the delivery of our grant funded programmes across Norfolk, with a focus on energy efficiency and domestic retrofit. The role requires a creative and flexible approach, as well as resilience in a constantly changing environment.
- Manage the delivery of our Warm Homes Programme, ensuring that it meets the required standards and targets
- Develop and implement strategies to improve the energy efficiency of homes and reduce carbon emissions
- Oversee the delivery of domestic retrofit projects, ensuring that they are delivered on time and within budget
- Liaise with senior managers and decision makers to communicate the benefits of the programme and secure funding
- Manage a team of experienced professionals, providing guidance and support to ensure that they perform at their best
- Ensure that the programme meets all regulatory requirements and health and safety standards
- Monitor and manage programme risks and issues.
- Proven experience in managing grant funded programmes in a constantly changing environment
- Strong project management skills, with a qualification in project management preferred
- Experience in the energy efficiency and domestic retrofit sectors
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate with senior managers and decision makers
- Experience in people management, with the ability to motivate and manage a team of experienced professionals
- A flexible and creative approach to problem-solving
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
If you're interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please apply as directed below. We look forward to hearing from you!
What’s in it for you…
Why Work For Us?
Do you want to know more about why our staff work for us? Our website has a fantastic why work for us section where our staff tell us what makes working for the Councils so special.
What Flexible and Agile Working Arrangements do we Offer?
The Councils understand the importance of operating a work life balance in the modern world. The Councils operate a flexible working policy and agile working options available for employees where operationally possible.
What Roles Do the Councils Offer?
The Councils operate a vast and diverse number of services for our residents, so with this comes a vast and diverse amount of job roles within the Councils. Our website has a great graphic showing all our job families and roles within the Councils. From here you can plan your career with the Councils or get some ideas on other roles that you may be interested in.
What Benefits do our Employees Receive?
View all our amazing staff benefits on offer for our employees. Our website has a brilliant benefits section allowing you to see the range of discounts, exclusive offers and total rewards our employees receive. Make sure you stop by to find out more information.
What Employer Accreditations do we Hold?
The Councils have a range of employer accreditations that we have worked very hard to achieve. Our website has a full descriptive list of all our current accreditations and what this means for our employees.
What Wellbeing Support do our Staff Have Access to?
The Councils want to ensure all our employees have a safe comfortable place to work, ensuring that employees feel empowered to actively manage their own wellbeing both at work and at home. The Councils have a large wellbeing section available on the website outlining our commitment to the wellbeing of the employees of the Council.
Where are we advertising?
Advertising Internally and Externally
If external, please apply via our website. If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant recruiting manager; a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
If you any questions about the role, then please don’t hesitate to contact the recruiting manager or the HR Team, who will be happy to answer any questions on the role or the Councils.
Closing date: 19 March 2023 at 11:30PM
The Councils reserve the right to close any and all vacancies at any time if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
Interview date: 28/29 March 2023