Transport & Logistics
Are you an experienced warehouse supervisor looking for the next step in your career?
Is it time for a new challenge?
Do you have experience in a fast paced 24/7 environment?
Then we want to hear from you! We are currently going through extensive growth and following a move to a 24/7 operation we are now looking for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to join our team! This position is based at our Melton site, in Hull, which is our flagship manufacturing site that supplies timber products to our building materials industry. The year ahead will be exciting, challenging and lots of fun, so this appointment is a fantastic opportunity for a professional to join our Warehousing Team!
Your next challenge
Reporting to the Operations Manager working 4 days on and 4 days off (6am – 6pm) you will, oversee the day to day operation of our busy and thriving warehouse! You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running and cleanliness of site whilst managing a team of warehouse operatives.
What ‘wood’ you be doing?
This role will encompass a number of areas from warehouse operations, people management, reporting and project management!
- To lead the operation of the warehouse, ensuring that service levels and performance standards are met or exceeded.
- To plan and deliver an effective warehouse operation to ensure customer satisfaction and compliance with departmental KPIs.
- To develop and maintain a thorough understanding and awareness of anticipated volume fluctuations.
- To continually assess processes, in order to maximise productivity and achieve continuous improvement.
- Manage the Warehouse Operations team on a day-to-day basis, measuring performance against objectives, ensuring a high level of morale and productivity.
- Management of warehouse payroll costs
- Monitoring of working hours, absence and holidays.
- Recruitment of additional members of the team as and when required
- Coach and develop team members
- Conduct regular performance reviews
- The production of accurate, relevant statistical information and management reports showing service levels, productivity.
- To work with the Operations Manager to establish new initiatives that will contribute to the continuous development of Warehouse Operations.
- To successfully manage change from inception through to conclusion
What experience ‘wood’ you need?
- Knowledge of timber industry desirable
- An abundance of warehousing and logistics experience
- Experience of leading and driving performance and managing people
- Intermediate knowledge of excel essential
- Experience of SAP desirable.
- Counterbalance licence essential
- Side Loader Licence highly desirable
What ‘wood’ you be like?
- Highly organised
- Positive outlook and ‘can do’ attitude towards issues and problems.
- Proactive in finding solutions.
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- Flexible approach to working hours and patterns as priorities change.
What we can offer you?
SCA Wood UK prides itself on our values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence.
Not only will we provide you with a work environment which is fun, fast paced and nice to work in, we offer a competitive benefits package!
- Rate of pay of £14.40 per hour plus a 15% shift allowance on top!
- Fantastic pension contribution of up to 10% of your salary
- Life Assurance x 4 of your basic salary
- 24 days annual leave including Bank Holidays
- Exclusive access to a discount and cashback scheme giving you the opportunity to save money from hundreds of retailers and services throughout the UK.