Transport & Logistics
Are you a competent Warehouse Operative with experience of assisting goods inwards. Are you looking for a new opportunity within a busy logistics department? If so, we are recruiting for a Warehouse Operative for our independent client based in Portsmouth and would like to speak to you!
Our client is a leading independent distributor supplying products across a number of different industries out of their busy logistics hub in Portsmouth. They are looking for an additional person to join their busy and vibrant Warehouse Logistics Team.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Collating products for despatch; checking and packing products and assisting with Goods Inwards
- Pick products from stock using picking list or despatch documents
- Check packaging and condition of products prior to despatch.
- Ensure warehouse is kept clean and tidy and that housekeeping levels are maintained.
- Report to Manager on levels of consumables & packaging materials
- Adhere to all Health and Safety guidelines / legislation.
- Safe usage of any equipment (Pallet trucks / trolleys / ladders / kick-stools / bander etc.)
- To ensure “cage” within Warehouse is secure at all times.
- Support logistics manager and ensure those duties are carried out during any absence
- Safe loading & unloading of all vehicles (Goods In / vans).
- Checking of incoming products.
- Entering incoming products onto computer system.
- Safe storage of products into stock locations.
- Filing of Purchase Orders in Goods Inwards.
- Carryout furniture installations as and when required
- Ensure compound is kept clean and tidy.
Our Ideal Warehouse Operative:
We are seeking a candidate that is not only a team player, but also understand the flexible needs of the business. Other skills and qualities include:
- A Team Player
- Calm and Collected
- To liaise with other departments as required.
- To maintain optimum levels of work standards and efficiency.
- An understanding of ISO 9001 Quality Systems.
- An understanding of ISO 14001 Environmental systems.
- An understanding of Investors in People
- An understanding of Health and Safety requirements
In return for your continued commitment to the business, our client is offering a starting salary of £18,000 per annum along with other benefits and renumeration.
To not miss out on the opportunity to become our client’s next Warehouse Operative, register your interest by clicking the “Apply Now” button. We look forward to meeting you!