Transport & Logistics
SCA Wood UK’s Melton site is going through an exciting change. The aim is to increase the level of available production hours to support SCA’s customer expectations. SCA are moving to a permanent days (6am-6pm) or nights (6pm-6am) working 4 on and 4 off shift pattern, which is due to start from 1st January 2021. As a result of this change, SCA are increasing their workforce to support the creation of an extra team within the production and warehouse facility.
Therefore, we are looking for skilled sideloader drivers who are able to support our busy warehouse function.
Your next challenge
The Warehouse Operatives are responsible for picking stock based on customers and/or inbound deliveries of raw material.
Warehouse Operatives, on a day to day basis will be expected to:
· Provide an efficient and accurate picking service for our internal and external customers.
· Correctly presenting the stock at the required destination (loading bay or truck).
· Closing order in line with the Warehouse process.
· Highlighting to Warehouse management any stock “waitings” or replenishment issues.
· Assisting with regular stock takes as and when required.
Liaising with other functions and departments to troubleshoot and resolve any issues will be a key part of your role as will being able to use your initiative. You will have experience of working with bulky and large load items and used to working against pick targets. Working in a high performance culture will provide you with the opportunity to grow and develop within the business.
This position would suit somebody who already works within the timber industry.
There are several roles available that could either be on the permanent days and nights working pattern, when applying please advise what shift pattern would be most suitable in your covering letter.
What ‘wood’ you be like
• Sideloader Licence essential
• Experience of a busy warehouse facility
• Timber knowledge would be desirable
• Exposure to working with bulky and large loads
• Knowledge of logistics process would be desirable
• “Winning” attitude and team player
• Safety conscious
What we can offer you?
SCA Wood UK prides itself on our values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence.
Not only will we provide you with a work environment which is fun, fast paced and nice to work in, we offer a competitive hourly rate. Your starting rate will be between £9.12 and £9.87. Generous shift allowances will be offered as well as pension contributions (up to 10%), 24 days holiday (inc bank holiday's), bonus potential, life assurance x 4 and exclusive access to a discount and cashback portal giving you the opportunity to save money from hundreds of retailers and services throughout the UK