IT & Communication Technology
Come and join one of the most progressive, exciting and ambitious ecommerce agencies in the UK as our new UX/UI Designer.
GENE, twice voted ‘Best Ecommerce Agency’ at the Ecommerce Expo Awards for Excellence is not your average agency. We have evolved from being a boutique ecommerce agency in Brighton, UK to one of the leading certified Magento Enterprise Partners with an international reputation. Innovation and ideas are at the heart of our business and this sets us apart. If you're looking to be part of a company that embodies creativity and innovation, works on the cutting edge of emerging technologies, and truly values people and culture, then GENE is the place for you.
Our clients partner with us because they need a specialist that can out-think and out-manoeuvre their competitors - we need you to help do that for us!
UX is one of the defining factors that underpins the success of ecommerce websites, it is therefore at the very heart of what we do and plays a critical role for all our projects.
We are looking for an experienced, talented and ambitious UX/UI designer to collaborate with our developers and project teams to produce exciting ecommerce websites and software applications.
We are looking for someone who is immersed in the subject of UX/UI and is an exceptional designer, who keeps up to date with emerging technologies and practices and is confident presenting their work and ideas to all levels of business. We love ideas and we love to innovate, working alongside our project teams you will be instrumental in helping deliver best-in-breed ecommerce and user experience design, and contribute to our creative ideas to help our clients achieve commercial success online.
The role will cover UX/UI design, strategy and planning, analysis, user research & validation (MVT). We want someone enthusiastic, curious and full of ideas and obsessed by what online users and customers really need, and how to create the right experience to get the best results.
This is a small team environment demanding a dynamic and flexible team player, strong interpersonal skills and a business mind. We are looking for someone with the following skill set:
- fluent using Sketch
- up-to-date knowledge of design softwares like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
- proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer
- comfortable producing and using style sheets
- excellent communication for presenting to internal teams and key stakeholders
- able to Design Pages and Core graphic elements, like menus, tabs, widgets, navigation buttons and input fields
- a background in E-commerce
- can handle layout adjustments based on user feedback
- adhere to Brand Guidelines for style standards on fonts, colours and images
- identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- comfortable with mobile first design approach
- knowledge of wireframe tools (InVision)
So why would you want to work for our agency? Well, we are a group of creative, ambitious, talented, hard working guys and girls, single minded in our commitment to delivering the very best in product and service for our customers. GSOH is a must along with being a team player with a can-do attitude, someone with excellent attention to detail, who is well organised, a clear thinker, a problem solver and an excellent communicator.
What we can do for you
- We are a remote-first business but have great offices in the centre of Brighton, London & Liverpool
- Regularly go for team lunches/drinks after work/industry conferences
- Everybody has an annual personal, professional training budget
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare with Vitality
- Flexible working patterns
So if you have the ability, attitude and ambition and want to work with GENE send us your CV and show us what you can do!