Education & Training
Tutors – English and Maths
£21 per hour (Minimum)
We are an award-winning educational charity offering the unique opportunity to help transform the lives of young people through high quality tutoring in the Leeds-Bradford area.
We are currently hiring:
- Primary English and Maths Tutors
- Secondary Tutors in your chosen subject(s) of Maths, English and/or Science
About the role:
- You will plan and deliver tuition for groups of up to three pupils.
- You will form impactful relationships with pupils over the course of a tuition assignment (usually 15 weeks).
- Tuition usually takes place during the school day on the school premises.
What we offer:
- A minimum of £21 per hour to plan and deliver a session.
- Flexibility of signing up to work that suits your availability.
- Extensive training by our in-house team of qualified teachers and PGCE trainers from the University of Manchester.
- Ongoing support and Continued Professional Development opportunities.
- Opportunity to develop a range of transferrable skills.
- Job satisfaction in a rewarding role and a chance to make a difference in your community.
What we look for:
- For Primary Tutors, a grade of B/6 (or equivalent) in both GCSE Maths and English (extenuating circumstances will be considered).
- For Secondary Tutors, a grade of A/7 (or equivalent) in the relevant GCSE subject (extenuating circumstances will be considered).
- An enthusiasm for our mission to transform lives through tutoring.
- No previous tutoring/teaching experience required.
- Willingness to undergo an enhanced DBS check, provided and paid for by Tutor Trust.
- Ability to register as self-employed in the UK
For further information and to apply, please click the apply button!