Transport & Logistics
Are you an experienced transport planner?
Is it time for a new challenge?
Then this role could be right up your street. We are looking for a Transport Planner who is able to support our ever growing operational team.
SCA Wood UK’s Melton site is going through several exciting changes. The aim is to increase the level of available production hours to support SCA’s customer expectations, which will then enable SCA to take on more Merchant Customer orders too. As a result of this changes, SCA are increasing their workforce to support the increase in production and distribution volume.
Your next challenge
Working alongside the Operations Manager you will fully accountable for the planning the daily transport routes for all outbound deliveries. You will also be responsible for organising the schedule for all inbound deliveries. This role would suit someone who has several years experience of working in a transport planning department who is used to communicating with several departments to provide a On Time In Full target of 98% to all customers. The ideal candidate must have top class customer service skills and must know there way around a spreadsheet. Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous. Any experience of troubleshooting would be essential.
What ‘wood’ you be doing?
The Transport Planner, on a day to day basis will be expected to:
- Organising routes via the planning system advising of the most efficient and cost effective route.
- Booking transport with the nominated haulier to achieve a minimum 98% “On Time In Full” (OTIF).
- Effectively communicating to 3rd party transport companies.
- Liaise with other functions and departments to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Develop positive business relationships with our customers, including our internal customers.
- Develop effective communication and positive relationships with 3rd party transport companies.
Hours: 8am-5pm Monday Friday (40 hour contract)
What ‘wood’ you be like?
- Positive outlook and ‘can do’ attitude towards issues and problems.
- Proactive in finding solutions.
- Willingness to go above and beyond
What we can offer you?
SCA Wood UK prides itself on our values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence.
Not only will we provide you with a work environment which is fun, fast paced and nice to work in, we offer a competitive benefits package!
- Salary between £26,000 - £30,000 (depending upon experience)
- Fantastic pension contribution of up to 10% of your salary
- Life Assurance x 4 of your basic salary
- 33 days annual leave including Bank Holidays
- Exclusive access to a discount and cashback scheme giving you the opportunity to save money from hundreds of retailers and services throughout the UK.