Care & Social Care
We are looking for motivated and hardworking individuals with a passion for care to join our team as a Trainee Ambulance Care Assistant (no prior medical experience required and on the job training provided) at BEARS Ambulance Service in Edgware.
ENTRY LEVEL POSITION - NO PRIOR MEDICAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED – ON THE JOB TRAINING
BEARS Ambulance are a leading specialist ambulance service provider to the National Health Service (NHS) in London and across the UK, providing both emergency and non-emergency patient transport service for adult, paediatric, and secure ambulance patient transfers.
Our vision is to deliver an outstanding patient transport service built on our principles of Safety, Comfort and Care. This does not just apply to how we treat our patients but governs all areas of our company especially how we look after our Staff.
About the Role:
The post holder is expected to be a compassionate individual, who has the ability to care for patients requiring transport to and from the Trust’s hospitals ensuring that all patients are transported in comfort, with a minimum of stress in accordance with our policies and procedures and the required level of competence.
Duties to include the movement of patients by using wheelchairs, carry chairs and stretchers and also supporting patients that are car suitable. To ensure all vehicles are maintained in a clean and tidy manner and to report immediately any defects or accidents. You will be responsible for the assessment of patients before they are transported in non-emergency situations.
Successful candidates will be responsible in overseeing the:
- Transfer patients of all mobility, which includes, walking patients, wheelchair patients, stretcher and bariatric patients etc
- Supporting and helping patients from their collection address to their destination address. This is likely to include the manual handling of patients
- Taking responsibility for the patient in their care, ensuring that the patient is comfortable, safe and administering aid when required
- Protecting those that are vulnerable (Safeguarding)
- Ensure adequate information is passed on to clinical team and patients carers as part of the transfer protocols
- Communicating effectively with staff and colleagues to ensure the patient is receiving the best care
- Transporting patients safely, comfortably and in good time to their appointments
- When taking the patient home, across the threshold of their address and making sure they are settled in and their needs are catered for and they are safe before leaving
- Completing routine care of ambulance equipment and daily vehicle checks
- Ensuring that infection prevention and control measures are adhered to at all times
- Keeping accurate records of journeys using your PDA
- Administering First aid should the Patient require it, to the level you have been trained
We will provide a full package of training, shadowing and mentoring to take you on your journey of developing from a Trainee Ambulance Care Assistant (Trainee ACA) to a fully trained Blue Light enabled Ambulance Care Attendant (ACA) with progression opportunities to becoming an Emergency Care Attendant (ECA).
Our Ideal Emergency Driving Ambulance Care Assistant
All candidate must have the following requirements as a minimum:
- Clean DBS
- 3 Years of Employment Referencing
- English and Maths Literacy
- Clean Driving Licence with 2 Years Driving Experience
- 2 Years driving experience in larger van type vehicles
As a Trainee Ambulance Care Assistant, you will obtain an equivalent level 3 Ambulance qualification within six months from joining the company following our tried and tested nationally recognised and accredited training pathway as below:
- 14 Online Training Courses including Level 2 Safeguarding Adults and Children
- 2 Day Introduction to Ambulance Driving
- First Aid at Work
- Medical Gasses
- Moving and Handling
- Safe Systems of Work
- Shadowing and Mentoring
- FREC 3 (On Completion of the Above)
In return for your continued commitment, we are offering the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary of £11.00 per hour OTE (£9.50 per hour base salary)
- Permanent full time positions available 4 on 4 off (42 Hours per week) or 4 days out of 7 (48 Hours per week)
- Free to Use Company Gym and Shower facilities on site
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
- Performance Bonus Program
- 24/7 Clinical Help Line (Team of HART/ED Paramedics)
- Occupational Health Service
- Employee Assistance Programs
Be a part of a professional, competent and dedicated team who want to make a difference to sick people needing hospital transport. We believe in developing our teams to deliver a “Best in Class” service for all our patients. Apply now and make a difference to people requiring care and compassion.