SCA Wood UK’s flagship manufacturing centre based in Melton site is going through an exciting growth! We are increasing the level of available production hours to support our customer expectations. From 1st January 2021, we have moved to a 24/7 operation on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
As a result of this change, we are increasing our workforce to support the creation of an extra team with the production and warehouse facility.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Breaking down, cleaning, setting up and sharpening tooling blocks for the planning / moulding machines
- Creating tooling templates.
- Maintaining stock levels of consumables.
- Assisting in improving the efficiency of the production lines
- Providing statistical data for analysis
It goes without saying that applicants must have toolroom experience, ideally from a wood manufacturing environment. You must be very safety aware and your personal values and behaviours must link to SCA’s core values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence.
This role is a night shift position working 6pm – 6am on a rotating shift pattern of 4 nights on and 4 nights off. Please therefore only apply if you are able to fulfil this requirement.
What we can offer you?
SCA Wood UK prides itself on our values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence.
Not only will we provide you with a work environment which is fun, fast paced and nice to work in, we offer a competitive benefits package!
- Hourly rate from £12.89 (depending up on experience) plus a generous shift allowance.
- Fantastic pension contribution of up to 10% of your salary
- Life Assurance x 4 of your basic salary
- 24 days annual leave including Bank Holidays
- Exclusive access to a discount and cashback scheme giving you the opportunity to save money from hundreds of retailers and services throughout the UK.