We are currently going through extensive growth and following a move to a 24/7 operation we are now looking for an experienced Toolroom Technician to join our team! This position is based at our Melton site, in Hull, which is our flagship manufacturing site that supplies timber products to our building materials industry. The year ahead will be exciting, challenging and lots of fun, so this appointment is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced toolroom tech to join our ever growing team!
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Breaking down, cleaning, setting up and sharpening tooling blocks for the planning / moulding machines
- Creating tooling templates.
- Maintaining stock levels of consumables.
- Assisting in improving the efficiency of the production lines
- Providing statistical data for analysis
It goes without saying that applicants must have toolroom experience, ideally from a wood manufacturing environment. You must be very safety aware and your personal values and behaviours must link to SCA’s core values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence.
This role is a night shift position working 6pm – 6am on a rotating shift pattern of 4 nights on and 4 nights off. Please therefore only apply if you are able to fulfil this requirement.
What we can offer you?
SCA Wood UK prides itself on our values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence.
Not only will we provide you with a work environment which is fun, fast paced and nice to work in, we offer a competitive benefits package:
- Hourly rate from £12.89 (depending up on experience) plus a generous 25% shift allowance. (Therefore hourly rate from £16.11 including shift allowance)
- Fantastic pension contribution of up to 10% of your salary
- Life Assurance x 4 of your basic salary
- 24 days annual leave including Bank Holidays
- Exclusive access to a discount and cashback scheme giving you the opportunity to save money from hundreds of retailers and services throughout the UK.