An opportunity has arisen for a Tenancy Support Officer within the Operations directorate. This is a full time role on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be working within the Income and Tenancy Support Team, providing tenancy sustainment support to customers facing financial hardship or loss of tenancy. The candidate will be expected to manage individual cases and provide a customer focused service to sustain tenants in their homes whilst ensuring you protect the Groups income.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of welfare benefits and income maximisation
- Experience of providing support and welfare benefit advice to a diverse range of customers
- Highly customer focused and listens to customers to identify their needs and enlists the support of experts or other services where required
- Has a flexible and open approach to problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to details
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office programmes, including Excel
- Knowledge and experience of using housing management systems
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to acquire knowledge and grasp new skills
- Level 2 qualifications relevant to the post (for example, GCSEs or Level 2 NVQ)
You will need to hold a UK driving licence with access to a suitable vehicle with business use insurance cover.
You will need to maintain a satisfactory basic level DBS check.
What can we offer?
Working close to Watford Junction station and within walking distance to the shops and cafes of Watford town centre, your salary will be £25,000-£30,000.
In return we offer a competitive package with includes:
• 28 days annual leave and closure at Christmas and bank holidays
• Employer pension contributions up to 11%
• Development opportunities
• Staff discount scheme
• The opportunity to ‘win’ staff awards, including duvet days, free massages, shopping vouchers
When applying for Watford Community Housing, please consider our organisation’s values:
• Professional – We are honest, open and respectful. People trust us to keep our promises.
• Collaborative – We work together as one team and build lasting partnerships to get results.
• Forward-thinking – We have a can-do attitude and embrace opportunities to improve and innovate.
We reserve the right to close this advert earlier if a suitable candidate is found.
Closing Date: Sunday 9th May 2021
Interviews: W/C Monday 17th May 2021