Calling all University students looking for summer work!
The Operations team is, amongst other things, responsible for delivering an efficient and effective waste collection service to meet the requirements of both residents and businesses across the district. We are offering summer work to individuals who possess administration and data processing skills...
What you could be part of…
Operating from Ketteringham Depot, and working as part of a small team, we are looking for temporary assistance to either support the operational team, communicate with our customers or undertake mini bits of project work.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focused services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Providing and maintaining administrative support, including word processing and simple data analysis, including sourcing data from multiple systems.
- Conducting office-based activities like filing, monitoring systems, always ensuring accuracy of data.
- Checking and verifying customer requests, updating computer systems and gathering statistics and other information for reports, returns and requests for information, as required.
- Assisting the business in developing new and improved office systems to meet business objectives.
- Developing innovative ideas to communicate with customers.
You must have…
- Experience of working under own initiative and within a team.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills covering a wide range of communication channels, including telephone, email and social media.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), including running reports.
- The ability to demonstrate tact, discretion and confidentiality, particularly when dealing with member of the public and occasionally with contentious issues.
- The ability to multi-task, have good time management skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to travel to Ketteringham Depot (no public transport is available).
What’s in it for you…
Why Work For Us?
Do you want to know more about why our staff work for us? Our website has a fantastic why work for us section where our staff tell us what makes working for the Councils so special.
What Flexible and Agile Working Arrangements do we Offer?
The Councils understand the importance of operating a work life balance in the modern world. The Councils operate a flexible working policy and agile working options available for employees where operationally possible.
What Roles Do the Councils Offer?
The Councils operate a vast and diverse number of services for our residents, so with this comes a vast and diverse amount of job roles within the Councils. Our website has a great graphic showing all our job families and roles within the Councils. From here you can plan your career with the Councils or get some ideas on other roles that you may be interested in.
What Benefits do our Employees Receive?
View all our amazing staff benefits on offer for our employees. Our website has a brilliant benefits section allowing you to see the range of discounts, exclusive offers and total rewards our employees receive. Make sure you stop by to find out more information.
What Employer Accreditations do we Hold?
The Councils have a range of employer accreditations that we have worked very hard to achieve. Our website has a full descriptive list of all our current accreditations and what this means for our employees.
What Wellbeing Support do our Staff Have Access to?
The Councils want to ensure all our employees have a safe comfortable place to work, ensuring that employees feel empowered to actively manage their own wellbeing both at work and at home. The Councils have a large wellbeing section available on the website outlining our commitment to the wellbeing of the employees of the Council.
Where are we advertising?
Advertising Internally and Externally
If external, please apply via our website. If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant recruiting manager; a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
If you any questions about the role, then please don’t hesitate to contact the recruiting manager or the HR Team, who will be happy to answer any questions on the role or the Councils.
The Councils reserve the right to close any and all vacancies at any time if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
Interview date: To be confirmed