Leisure & Tourism
Looking to be a part of a brilliant Swim Teacher team, teaching skills to a wide range of people? Joining our swim school team, with over 1400 members and counting, will give you the chance to deliver fun and effective lessons.
What you could be part of…
Working at South Norfolk Council would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Organising, planning and evaluating a high quality structured swim programme using the ASA National Plan for Teaching Swimming
- Ensuring lessons are fun as well as progressive and encouraging future progression from swimming lessons
- Delivering a high quality customer service through welcoming all users of the facilities ensuring you promote a positive image of both the centre and the Council as whole
- As well as teaching our 'Learn to Swim' programme, we are especially interested to hear from candidates who are experienced in delivering Group, Adult and Child, individual or 2:1 lessons.
You must have…
- ASA Level 2 Swimming Teacher qualification
- National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers & Coaches or National Pool Lifeguard qualification
- Experience planning and delivering swimming sessions to groups of mixed abilities
- Motivation and the ability to enthuse others to develop their swimming skills
- Good communication, planning and organisational skills
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Full leisure membership for just £24.75 per month, including access to all 5 leisure centres as well as 20% off treatments at the Imagine Spa.
Please note that this post involves weekend and evening working; you may also be asked to work at other centres as and when required. This post is also subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received before the proposed closing date.