Leisure & Tourism
Looking to be a part of a brilliant Swim Teacher team, teaching skills to a wide range of people? Joining our swim school team, with over 700 members and counting, will give you the chance to deliver fun and effective lessons.
What you could be part of…
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Organising, planning and evaluating a high quality structured swim programme
- Ensuring lessons are fun as well as progressive and encouraging future progression from swimming lessons
- Delivering a high quality customer service through welcoming all users of the facilities ensuring you promote a positive image of both the centre and the Council as whole
You must have…
- ASA Level 2 Swimming Teacher qualification
- National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers & Coaches or National Pool Lifeguard qualification
- Experience planning and delivering swimming sessions to groups of mixed abilities
- Motivation and the ability to enthuse others to develop their swimming skills
- Good communication, planning and organisational skills
What’s in it for you…
Why Work For Us?
Do you want to know more about why our staff work for us? Our website has a fantastic why work for us section where our staff tell us what makes working for the Councils so special.
If external, please apply via our website. If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to Liv Towler, a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
Interview date: TBC