Property & Construction
Due to an internal promotion, we are surveying the market to find a truly exceptional Individual who will manage and support our team in Surveying Services which is an integral part of the Property Services Directorate.
Reporting to the Operations Manager Planned & Surveying Works (previous incumbent of this vacancy) you will manage all surveying activities within the Paradigm Property Services Team and act as our Senior Surveyor. Duties will include but not limited to Stock Condition, EPC’s, Mutual Exchange, Estate Improvements, PSL, Damp and Mould, Fire Risk Assessments, Structural Repairs, Large Voids, Investment Works Pre and Post Inspections along with all Litigation Inspections, Fitness for Human Habitation etc. You will need to be organised, disciplined and flexible; around 50% of your time will be spent on site so you days will be interesting and varied. You will be ably supported by two experienced and competent Surveyors, who work collaboratively to get things done and to a high standard.
With your considerable experience and expertise, an important part of your role will be to mentor, coach and develop our three Inspectors and an Apprentice in their progression to become Surveyors. You will help them grow in confidence by empowering them to make decisions as to the best course of action; encouraging them to consider and think through challenges and problems utilising their theoretical knowledge and, where possible gain the valuable on-site experience that they have missed while Covid restrictions were in force.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- The effective management and operational performance of all surveying activities as part of the Property Services Team.
- Promoting continuous departmental development.
- Arrange and assist in undertaking 24 hr emergency activities (note you will NOT be on call) relating to property assets that have become damaged through incident (emergency) i.e. Fire, flood, collision etc.
- To assist the Asset Manager in making decisions in relation to options appraisals/regeneration opportunities.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Professional Qualification (CIOB, RICS) or relative experience.
- Minimum qualification of an HNC in Building Construction or degree in Building Surveying with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Prior experience of successfully managing a small team
- Work experience in improvements, and planned maintenance.
- Experience in Building Surveys and repairs including major defects.
- A methodical approach with strong problem-solving skills to maximise effectiveness in the role.
- A driving licence and vehicle is also required for business use.
As a registered provider of social housing our profits go into building more homes for people who need them. Does this appeal to you? Would you like to work for a great team, where you can add value and have a personal impact on the future success of our business? You could be a few clicks away from a rewarding career with us.
Paradigm Housing Group is one of the South East’s leading housing providers. We manage over 15,000 homes across 33 different local authorities. We work hard, strive for excellence and in return we offer a great place to work an attractive range of benefits as well as supporting flexible ways of working. We welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.
Work pattern: Mon-Fri 37 hrs p/w: 9-5.30pm Mon-Thurs, 9-5pm Fri (some flexibility)
Shortlisting will be conducted in line with the essential and desirable criteria set out in the person specification.
We will be reviewing applications throughout the campaign and may invite candidates to interview at any time, therefore reserve the right to close this role earlier than the published date should a suitable candidate be identified.
Closing date: Sunday 19 September, 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed