Care & Social Care
This is an exciting and very rewarding opportunity for an experienced and dedicated Support Worker/Care Assistant to become part of a private team caring for a young man with a traumatic brain injury within his own home and to support in the participation of community activities.
You will be providing care to a young man with physical disabilities meaning that he requires assistance with all activities of daily living. He also has cognitive impairments and so requires encouragement and support from people committed to offering him choice and meaningful involvement in his daily life.
Our client is a determined, fun and good-humoured young man, intent on making great progress. He enjoys a range of activities both at home and in the local community.
- You will be responsible for creating opportunities for meaningful activity in this young man’s life whilst supporting him to participate in activities that challenge him.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of personal care and the administration of medication.
- You will be responsible for completing documentation to a high standard.
Our Ideal Support Worker – Care Assistant
This job is more than just caring, as it is a one on one caring position you will required to have drive, motivation and be prepared to assist in promoting his rehabilitation, including physio and SLT. Quite often good negotiation skills are needed to de-escalate frustration and challenging behaviour. This position will suite someone who likes playing games, organising activities and filling the clients life with meaningful activities.
- Experience in care delivery in the community an advantage but not essential as full training will be given.
- A knowledge of working with young adults with traumatic brain injury and a complex presentation would be advantageous.
- Car driver preferred.
- We have a guaranteed 24 hours per week available plus bank hours and a view for more permanent hours may become available.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexible with time as may be called to cover shifts at short notice.
- Reliable and able to demonstrate commitment to the role.
- Responsible, enthusiastic, confident, outgoing, patient and flexible.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills.
- The ability to build good relationships with the wider treating team and the clients family.
- The ability to respect the privacy of this young man and his family is fundamental to this position. As most this employment is to occur in the client’s home, it is inevitable that on occasion you will become privy to certain matters relating to the personal life and business of our client and his family; these should always be treated with the utmost confidence.
All applicants must be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
If you’re interested in applying and joining our amazing care team, then please submit your CV with a telephone number and we will give you a call to discuss the role further.
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Salary: £12 Per Hour Weekdays & £13 Per Hour Weekends