IT & Communication Technology
Voted ‘Best Ecommerce Agency’ at the 2017 Ecommerce Expo Awards for Excellence GENE is one of the leading ecommerce agencies and certified Magento experts in the UK.
We are looking for a customer focused, technical and service-minded individual to join our Ecommerce Support team. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide an effective, customer focused 1st line support role to cover technical assistance, bug resolution and code improvements for our customers’ Magento websites. You will report to the Operations Director while also working alongside all levels of people up to MD.
The role in more detail
- Effectively handle, manage and resolve technical issues that are escalated from our front-line support specialists via phone, email and our support portal
- Take ownership of client issues, follow up the status on behalf of the client and communicate progress in a timely manner following through to conclusion
- Provide 1st Line & 2nd line Support and resolve a high percentage of incoming Support requests upon the first contact including troubleshooting of admin related issues.
- Ensure a swift response and analysis of new requests, escalating promptly if required
- Present a positive and helpful attitude to business customers
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
You will address incidents, bugs and small change requests within our service level agreements, requiring the ability to quickly triage, multitask, prioritise and problem solve. In addition, the role will carry out small development projects for one of our main clients, PayPal, supporting and enhancing the official Braintree extension for Magento and work cross-functionally with other departments in providing our customers with a world class support experience.
What experience we’re looking for
- A broad understanding of web technologies; Apache, NGINX, Redis, Memcached
- Experience with MySQL, optimisation, logging, debugging and SQL
- Experience with hosting including, CDNs, DNS and IaaS solutions
- Understanding of security practices, SSL certificates, encryption and OWASP
- Ability to use Git and experience with deploying code
- Experience with debugging and profiling tools such as NewRelic, DataDog, Blackfire
- Knowledge of Magento ecommerce a huge benefit but not a prerequisite
- Basic level of software QA
To fit in, it's important that you share our enthusiastic, proactive approach. We live by 5 principles; we want to be challenged, we want our work to have purpose, we want to achieve great results, work with people we like and enjoy what we do.
What we can do for you
As well as very competitive salary levels, we have an employee share scheme so everyone has ownership in the business and operate an annual performance related bonus so everyone shares in the rewards too. We also:
- Have great offices in the centre of Brighton & Liverpool
- Regularly go for team lunches/drinks after work/industry conferences
- Everybody has an annual personal, professional training budget
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare with Vitality
- Perkbox subscription that provides free mobile phone insurance & discounts on retailers, cinema tickets and restaurants
So if you have the ability, attitude and ambition and want to work with GENE send us your CV and show us what you can do!