Good at dealing with rubbish?
Are you a team player? Are you committed to health and safety? Can you give a great service to our customers? Do you care about the cleanliness of the environment? If the answer is yes, then read on…
What you could be part of…
We are one of the few in-house street cleaning services in Norfolk and proud to deliver a service to keep South Norfolk district looking attractive, clean and tidy. This job involves ensuring all types of rubbish, from litter bins to fly tips are efficiently dealt with, as part of a crew of two street cleaners.
Working at South Norfolk Council, you will be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver a high-quality service focussed on the needs of our customers. We need strong teams to achieve this and our success is a reflection of our people - so being a great organisation depends on us having great people.
What you’ll be doing…
You will provide an efficient and reliable street cleaning across the district. You will be working as part of a highly visible, public facing team to ensure standards are met and the litter bins and dog bins are regularly emptied, fly tips are cleared quickly and the roads and lanes in South Norfolk are litter picked to keep South Norfolk looking clean and attractive.
You must have…
- Have a current driving licence to 3.5 tons.
- Be physically fit and able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Have an understanding of the importance of health and safety and the ability to work safely.
- Have the ability to create a really good impression on our customers and enhance the reputation of the Council
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and to work flexibly to achieve the high standards we set for our services.
- Be able to work early, late or at weekends as required.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.