Property & Construction
The role: You will need experience in stock condition surveying, inspecting domestic properties and blocks, ideally within the social housing sector. You will complete internal and external measurements, aiding and notifying our Surveying Works Team in diagnosing causes of building defects relating to fabric and structural failure or poorly performing assets of domestic dwellings and blocks of flats. Ideally, you will also be able to conduct surveys for Energy Performance Certificates (EPC’s). Surveys are to be undertaken in line with our 5-year cycle or ad-hoc as instructed. This will be to ensure that we have robust asset information to forecast any long-term investment requirements.
You will be joining our dedicated aspirational Strategic Asset Management team and will play an instrumental part in helping us to better understand our stock and improve our stock intelligence, ensuring our homes provide customers with great places to live.
What we are looking for: You need to be self-motivated, organised and enjoy being mobile (as you will be driving around to inspect properties), capable of managing your own diary whilst delivering surveys to monthly targets, as part of our ambitious cyclical stock condition programme. You will have keen attention to detail and demonstrable experience & understanding of both Decent Homes and HHSRS (Housing Health & Safety Rating System). A positive and professional approach to a diverse customer base is essential as well as a full current driving licence and your own vehicle. Business mileage will be paid at the prevailing rate, currently 45p per mile less home to work journey and in line with our expenses policy.
- Building Surveying qualification (BSc, HND, HNC etc or equivalent) OR significant previous stock condition surveying experience
- Knowledge/ Understanding of Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS)
- Ideally hold a current Domestic Energy Assessor qualification – EPC
- Ability to appropriately assess property condition to inform our investment needs
- Attention to detail and ability to exercise sound judgement in decision making
- Flexible approach to hours worked & manage own workload
- Strong IT skills
- The Post holder will be required to travel to multiple sites and the nature of the work will require the post holder to climb ladders to access the loft space, so should have a reasonable level of physical fitness.
You may have worked in a similar role before, perhaps at a more senior level and/or want to work part time to fit in with your other interests and personal life. We have a standard 37-hour work pattern which is 9-5.30 Mon-Thurs and 5pm finish on a Friday, however we are happy to consider different work patterns, as long as they meet our business needs – so do consider this position as an interesting and rewarding role.
About us: We are Paradigm Housing Group. We manage more than 16,000 homes across the South-East, employing around 550, with an annual turnover of over £120m. We are a values’ driven, ambitious organisation. We are Best Companies STAR accredited organisation in recognition of our high employee engagement and offer a welcoming and friendly environment.
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) and an additional 3 paid days leave between Christmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions (pro rata for part time)
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Annual Bonus potential
- Professional Sponsorship Scheme (subject to conditions) and professional subscriptions paid
- Family Friendly policies including generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more.
- Up to 3 paid ‘Giving Back’ (volunteer) days a year (pro rata for P/T)
- Newly created modern offices collaborative offices, with free parking and free electric vehicle charging points
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Opportunities for career advancement – if you want it, but fine if you don’t.
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Christmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)
We support flexible ways of working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.