Care & Social Care
Are you passionate about making a positive and lasting difference to children and young people and do you want to work for a progressive independent fostering agency with ambitious plans for the future? If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
About Our Client
Our Client an independent fostering agency providing fostering, residential, educational, and therapeutic services for the young people in their care. Our client is a child centred service, putting the wellbeing of their children and young people at the front and centre of everything they do.
Our client’s REACH Approach underpins everything that they do; it’s a framework based on resilience theory, attachment theory and aspects of social pedagogy. Our client believe that REACH helps them to provide bespoke, consistent, and therapeutic care for all their children, ensuring they have the best possible outcome.
Social Worker - Supervising Role Requirements
You will be a registered Social Worker with 2 years post qualifying experience seeking to apply and expand your existing skills and knowledge in our child centred organisation. You will work from home but will also be required to attend meetings in Brixton and other offices as well as supporting your foster carers in your region.
It is essential that you
- Have access to a car and a valid driving licence.
- Have a Diploma in Social Work (DipSW) or equivalent.
- Be Social Work England (SWE) registered.
- Can manage your own caseload of typically 13-15 fostering families, giving support and guidance when necessary and help them to develop their skills.
- Are committed to provide wrap around support to our foster carers by participating in an out-of-hours on call service.
- Have worked in a fostering related social work role and /or child social care, such as a looked after children’s team.
Our ideal candidate will
- Have an approach that is reflective and creative when working with foster carers and young people to inspire them to reach their full potential.
- Have a good knowledge of fostering regulations, childcare law and safeguarding issues.
- Can make objective professional assessments of children and young people.
- Have experience and can demonstrate evidence of identifying the needs of young people.
- Want to actively contribute to the growth and development of the Fostering service.
- Be a strong team player and be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Package & Benefits
We are looking for applicants who have a real drive and share our client’s vision and values. In return our client is offering the following package
- Competitive market leading salary of circa £36,000 Per Annum
- Flexible Working
- Exclusive Discount Scheme
- Company Pension
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Birthday Leave
Our recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be offered a role subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.