Property & Construction
It’s a great time to join Paradigm Housing, as we embark on the biggest digital transformation in our history. With 15,000 properties, a turnover of £150m and a substantial development and sales programme, we are making the most of our many opportunities in a challenging but rewarding environment.
Due to career enhancing internal moves, we are seeking a special person with a ‘can-do’ approach to join our Service Charge team which is part of a very busy Finance directorate of approximately 60 people. Reporting to the Rent and Service Charge Manager you will work to ensure we provide an efficient accounting service to co-ordinate the charging and collection of service charges for our properties.
You will take the lead with analysis of service costs and report variances to the Rent and Service Charge Manager, highlighting any areas of concern and proposing solutions as required. Ideally you will come from a housing or property background with a strong knowledge of Service Charges. You remit will include making decisions about customers service charge budgets and accounts. This will be achieved through the accurate charging of costs to accounts and being able to clearly explain the costs to our customers. It will also include other tasks such as maintaining accurate records, responding to disputes or interpretation of leases and variables. You will be supporting local Housing Managers to provide the right information about service charges and be comfortable visiting estates for consultation meetings and forums.
What you will need to succeed
To be able to carry out this role successfully besides understanding rent setting, services charges and sinking funds you also need to have some knowledge of leaseholder legislation. Specifically, you need to understand the requirements of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, sections 18 to 30. This role will allow you to help the business recover costs and maintain income to deliver services in the future. To be successful at this we expect you to have a keen eye for detail as well as numeracy skills. You should have great time management skills, ability to work with information accurately and have worked in administration and housing systems. Maintenance of such a system with emphasis on high accuracy will be one of your tasks. You will also be an excellent verbal and written communicator; providing bjective feedback to our colleagues and customers regarding areas of improvement when it comes to the implementation of charges as well as interpreting leases and regulations. Advanced Excel skills are essential as is attention to detail; the information you provide will be used in decision making. You will be a main contact for any service charge queries which will involve collaboration with other departments to ensure we are delivering against our standards and striving for improvement. The ability to think on your feet and stay calm under pressure will be key throughout the busier times of year. Strong customer service skills in terms of verbal and written communication will also key to your success in this role.
This is an exciting time to be part of the Service Charge Team as the business continues with system enhancement
We are a values’ driven, ambitious organisation. We’re Best Companies 1 STAR accredited organisation in recognition of our high employee engagement and offer a welcoming and friendly environment.
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Annual Bonus potential
- Professional Sponsorship Scheme (subject to conditions) and professional subscriptions paid
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more. It’s free to add up to 4 dependent children aged up to 24yrs (if in f/t education) and each child is entitled to 50% worth of your allowance for each category!
- Remote hybrid working (as per Government guidelines we are working remotely at time of publication)
- Up to 3 paid Volunteer days a year
- Newly created modern offices collaborative offices, with free parking and charging electric vehicle charging points for vehicles
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Rewards platform
- Opportunities for career advancement –
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)
We support flexible ways of working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.