Care & Social Care
Fixed Term Contract until March 2025
Do you want to end rough sleeping?
Role Snapshot… Do you want to bring an end to the scourge of rough sleeping and assist some of the most vulnerable people in society? If so join our Team, one of the most successful in East Anglia.
What you could be part of…
Working within our Housing and Benefits Team you will need to be confident with IT have a good attention to detail and be well organised. You need to be a confident and professional individual who is not only able to meet our customers in their home or face to face at our offices but also able to work within a multi-agency environment to provide an excellent housing service for our customers.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Provide in-reach work to prevent evictions and homelessness working closely with housing associations, supported housing providers and others
- On a multi-agency level develop and support, through a SPOC system in the execution of personal plans with clients to identify goals and needs making sure that required access to support is made available in order to either, sustain current accommodation, prepare for a long term suitable home, meet personal goes and improve wellbeing.
- Manage caseload, maintain manual and electronic client records and ensure there is a comprehensive record of all client contacts and outcomes including assessments of risk.
- To network with and foster good relationships with multi-agency partners and work with organisations to develop existing relationships to increase awareness of and reporting of rough sleeping
- Advocate the purpose and communicate developments of projects within internal and external meetings
You must have…
- GCSEs or equivalent (including Maths and English) or the ability to demonstrate ability at this level
- Full UK Driving License and access to a vehicle
- Significant experience of working in a housing, homelessness, support worker environment, providing support and advice with a good knowledge of the legislation governing homelessness and homeless prevention (including the Homelessness Reduction Act) and an understanding of legislation applicable to mental health, social care and the criminal; justice services
- Significant experience of working with clients who need a high level of support and who have complex needs and experience of building relationships based on collaboration and trust with accommodation and support providers
- Experience of working with appropriate partners to identify appropriate solutions for clients with thorough knowledge of local services landscape, including Mental Health, Health, Welfare and Benefits etc.
- Strong negotiating, advocacy and influencing skills with well-developed verbal and written communication skills allowing you to demonstrate positive customer care skills, empathy and approachability
- Ability to find innovative solutions to problems, able to effectively manage conflicting priorities and can evidence flexibility and ability to cover numerous roles
- Ability to work without close supervision and to be self-motivated
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of diversity issues and a commitment to promote equality in all areas of work
What’s in it for you…
Why Work For Us?
Do you want to know more about why our staff work for us? Our website has a fantastic why work for us section where our staff tell us what makes working for the Councils so special.
What Flexible and Agile Working Arrangements do we Offer?
The Councils understand the importance of operating a work life balance in the modern world. The Councils operate a flexible working policy and agile working options available for employees where operationally possible.
What Roles Do the Councils Offer?
The Councils operate a vast and diverse number of services for our residents, so with this comes a vast and diverse amount of job roles within the Councils. Our website has a great graphic showing all our job families and roles within the Councils. From here you can plan your career with the Councils or get some ideas on other roles that you may be interested in.
What Benefits do our Employees Receive?
View all our amazing staff benefits on offer for our employees. Our website has a brilliant benefits section allowing you to see the range of discounts, exclusive offers and total rewards our employees receive. Make sure you stop by to find out more information.
What Employer Accreditations do we Hold?
The Councils have a range of employer accreditations that we have worked very hard to achieve. Our website has a full descriptive list of all our current accreditations and what this means for our employees.
What Wellbeing Support do our Staff Have Access to?
The Councils want to ensure all our employees have a safe comfortable place to work, ensuring that employees feel empowered to actively manage their own wellbeing both at work and at home. The Councils have a large wellbeing section available on the website outlining our commitment to the wellbeing of the employees of the Council.
Where are we advertising?
Advertising Internally and Externally
If external, please apply via our website. If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant recruiting manager; a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
If you any questions about the role, then please don’t hesitate to contact the recruiting manager or the HR Team, who will be happy to answer any questions on the role or the Councils.
Closing date: 29 January 2023 at 11:30PM
The Councils reserve the right to close any and all vacancies at any time if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
Interview date: To be confirmed
Fixed Term Until March 2025
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Please note we will not accept any DBS checks from a previous employer.
Enhanced DBS Check Required