Watford Community Housing is looking for a Senior Management Accountant to join us on a permanent basis. This is a key role within the organisation, helping to contribute to the strategic objectives of the business, in particular our Strong Financial Position target.
The key elements of this role are the provision of management accounts and statutory accounts preparation, including cost centre analysis and detailed reporting on revenue streams. You will have oversight of the payroll function for the business, ensuring a timely and accurate process. Within this diverse role, you will also oversee the service charge process and lead the revenue and capital budget creation.
What are we looking for?
This role would suit a fully qualified (CIMA/ACCA) accountant with strong financial reporting skills. We are looking for somebody that has worked in a similar role before with line management responsibility, who could confidently take on this role and provide direct line management for three members of staff.
Essentials for the role:
- Line management experience
- Management account production experience
- Knowledge or experience of service charges
- Exposure to payroll or a working knowledge of payroll legislation
- Housing association experience
- Formulation of revenue and capital budgets
- Ability to work with partners across the business across all levels
- Ability to write clear and concise financial commentary that supports financial results
What can we offer you?
We know that people are our most valuable assets, so we offer a range of benefits including 28 days’ annual leave, closure days at Christmas and bank holidays, an employer pension contribution of up to 11%, development opportunities and employee rewards such as shopping vouchers, duvet days and free massages.
When applying for Watford Community Housing, please consider our organisation’s values:
• Professional – We are honest, open and respectful. People trust us to keep our promises.
• Collaborative – We work together as one team and build lasting partnerships to get results.
• Forward-thinking – We have a can-do attitude and embrace opportunities to improve and innovate.
How to apply
If this sounds like your next role, click ‘apply now’, tell us why you've got what it takes and send us a copy of your current CV.
Closing date: 1st November 2020 (but please notewe reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we receive a large response).