IT & Communication Technology
Job Title: Senior IT Support Engineer
Are you an experienced IT professional looking to progress your career in a senior IT Support role with management responsibilities? Have you got experience within a small company, happy to roll your sleeves up to make things happen?
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and hands on IT Support professional who is a multi-skilled, team player, with in-depth knowledge of architecting, installing and configuring computing systems.
Responsible for monitoring, maintaining and problem solving both ICT infrastructure and software applications, within an ISO27001 structure, you will be experienced in owning responsibility for and delivering an IT Vision, whilst analysing and resolving IT hardware and software problems.
With excellent organisational and time-management skills, you will have the ability to work to own initiative.
Unipro was founded in 1997 and has continued to build on a solid reputation of designing, implementing, and managing inspired technology solutions for enterprise organisations.
We are specialists in web development, focused on accelerating digital transformation, performance through design, development, and optimisation of mission critical digital enterprise applications.
We understand that some days can be tough, and we know we would be nothing without our team, so we put our employees at the forefront of our business.
As a member of the Business Operations team responsibilities are split between management and day to day IT:
- Define and implement the IT Vision for the next 3 years
- Formulation of plans for the development of the Companies IT and communications systems, including telephony.
- Development of IT procedures and documentation.
- Working alongside Desktop Support, provide valued input to and own the implementation of the evolution of the Companies IT Vision
- Enhancement and development of IT infrastructure
- Own the ISO27001 process and documentation
- Ensuring adequate and appropriate security is in place to protect the company’s data in line with the current policies and ISO27000 compliance eg firewall, enforced password changes etc
- To ensure that the Company is sufficiently licensed at all times by carrying out relevant audits and maintain a log of all software and software licenses
- IT help desk ticket management and SLAs
- SLA reporting on the availability of the Companies hardware and software platforms, including telephony.
- Periodically check that IT systems are not end of life and to replace as necessary
- Auditing installed software on users computers
- Supporting and managing the Mauritian office IT, in-line with companywide standards
- Maintain and update an effective Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity program
- Ensuring adequate and appropriate anti-virus protection is in place to protect the company’s data and ability to serve its customers.
- Asset management
- Managing delivery of internal IT improvement projects
Day to day IT Support:
- Strong ICT, networking and infrastructure skills including firewalls, routers, IP whitelisting, VPN etc
- Management and development of IT Systems including Microsoft stack: Office 365, Exchange, Active Directory; Computers & Server hosting; Alerting and Monitoring; Firewall; Network (internal & external); Printers; UPSs; Mobiles; Phone system
- Providing a reliable VPN solution that is supported and always available to authorised staff
- Maintaining complete and up to date logs of Maintenance, Significant IT events, Errors, Backups, Upgrades
- Maintaining and implementing an effective Backup and recovery program
- Supporting the Desktop support process, providing desktop computer technical support for both remote (WFH) and office-based users hardware and software
- Application and internal system support for our team
- Maintaining all IT equipment in a good state of repair
- Proactively maintaining the performance of end user computers
- Optimisation of ‘up time’ availability of the Companies hardware and software platforms, including telephony.
- Availability out of hours for IT escalations
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as an IT Support Engineer
- An understanding of ISO27001, and the ability to maintain policies and procedures, along with management of annual audit and reviews
- A hands-on working understanding of:
- Jira / Atlassian
- Firewall Management
- Cloud Kaspersky
- SecureDoc and Bitlocker
- Microsoft SQL server/Server 2008 to 2016
- Microsoft Office 365 / Azure / Active Directory / Teams / SharePoint
- Extensive computer, network and software skills
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- JamF Apple MDM
- Microsoft Power Automate
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established friendly close knit team providing web applications and associated infrastructure support to large corporate clients worldwide.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced IT engineer who is seeking a fresh challenge and who wants to be part of our growth and success.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must. You should also have a ‘Customer First’ ethos with the customer being the IT departments internal customers.