IT & Communication Technology
Are you an IT engineer looking to progress your career in a senior IT Support role? Have you got experience within a small company, happy to roll your sleeves up to make things happen?
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and hands on IT Support professional who is a multi-skilled, team player, with in-depth knowledge of architecting, installing and configuring computing systems.
Responsible for monitoring, maintaining and problem solving both ICT infrastructure and software applications you will be experienced in owning responsibility for and delivering an IT service successfully, analysing and resolving IT hardware and software problems.
With excellent organisational and time-management skills, you will have the ability to work to own initiative.
- Facilitating the day-to-day IT support to the business, including:
- Working alongside Desktop Support, provide valued input to and implement the evolution of the Companies IT Vision
- Strong ICT, networking and infrastructure skills including firewalls, routers, IP whitelisting, VPN etc
- Management and development of IT Systems including Microsoft stack: Office 365, Exchange, Active Directory; Computers & Server hosting; Alerting and Monitoring; Firewall; Network (internal & external); Printers; UPSs; Mobiles; Phone system.
- Providing a reliable VPN solution that is supported and always available to authorised staff
- Enhancement and development of IT infrastructure
- Maintaining complete and up to date logs of Maintenance, Significant IT events, Errors, Backups, Upgrades
- Maintaining and implementing an effective Backup and recovery program
- To ensure that the Company is sufficiently licensed at all times by carrying out relevant audits and maintain a log of all software and software licenses
- IT help desk ticket management and SLAs
- Supporting the Desktop support process, providing desktop computer technical support for both remote (WFH) and office based users hardware and software
- Application and internal system support for our team
- Maintaining all IT equipment in a good state of repair
- Periodically check that IT systems are not end of life and to replace as necessary
- Supporting and managing the Mauritian office IT, in-line with companywide standards
- Auditing installed software on users computers
- Proactively maintaining the performance of end user computers
- Maintain and update an effective Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity program
- Ensuring adequate and appropriate anti-virus protection is in place to protect the company’s data and ability to serve its customers.
- Ensuring adequate and appropriate security is in place to protect the company’s data in line with the current policies and ISO27000 eg firewall, enforced password changes etc
- Optimisation of ‘up time’ availability of the Companies hardware and software platforms, including telephony.
- SLA reporting on the availability of the Companies hardware and software platforms, including telephony.
- Formulation of plans for the development of the Companies IT and communications systems, including telephony.
- ISO27001 and ensuring day to day IT compliance.
- Development of IT procedures and documentation.
- Managing delivery of internal IT improvement projects
- Availability out of hours for IT escalations
- Asset management
- Facilities: Maintain all aspects of the building – including ongoing maintenance, fire/intruder alarms, Access control system and Health & Safety
Requires Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as an IT Support Engineer
- An understanding of ISO27001, and the ability to maintain policies and procedures, along with management of annual audit and reviews
- A hands-on working understanding of:
- Cloud Kaspersky
- Microsoft SQL server
- Microsoft Office 365 / Azure AD / Teams / Sharepoint
- Extensive computer, network and software skills
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- Jira / Atlassian
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established friendly close knit team providing web applications and associated infrastructure support to large corporate clients worldwide.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced IT engineer who is seeking a fresh challenge and who wants to be part of our growth and success.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must. You should also have a ‘Customer First’ ethos with the customer being the IT departments internal customers.