IT & Communication Technology
Come and join one of the most progressive, exciting and ambitious ecommerce agencies in the UK. This role can be performed from our Head Office in Brighton, or working remotely from home.
GENE, twice voted ‘Best Ecommerce Agency’ at the Ecommerce Expo Awards for Excellence is not your average agency. We have evolved from being a boutique ecommerce agency in Brighton, UK to one of the leading certified Magento Enterprise Partners with an international reputation. Innovation and ideas are at the heart of our business and this sets us apart. If you're looking to be part of a company that embodies creativity and innovation, works on the cutting edge of emerging technologies, and truly values people and culture, then GENE is the place for you.
We never wanted to be just another digital agency. Instead of following best practice, we wanted to shape it. We were the first to release Apple Pay for the web on the Magento platform and we have revolutionised Magento’s content management capability with our BlueFootCMS software which was acquired by Magento to become PageBuilder. As ecommerce partners we are trusted by clients such as PayPal, Braintree, Krispy Kreme, Tommee Tippee, Folio Society and Temple Spa.
Our progressive approach encourages a culture where everyone feels empowered, challenged and motivated to succeed. We live by 5 principles; we want to be challenged, we want our work to have purpose, we want to achieve great results, work with people we like and enjoy what we do.
Our clients partner with us because they need a specialist ecommerce agency that can out-think and out-manoeuvre their competitors. An agency that can offer credible hands-on-consultancy backed up with the technical and creative expertise to get things done. They trust us to take a proactive leadership role in managing their online commerce, whilst also being personally involved in the decisions that shape the success of their business.
Enough about us...what about the role:
We are looking for an experienced, talented and ambitious Senior Front-end developer to join our existing in-house development team and help deliver large-scale, international, ecommerce projects. But we are not looking for just any Front-end developer, we are looking for someone different, someone innovative, creative, someone with natural coding ability, a passion for web technologies and inspirational ideas and someone who wants to make a difference.
To fit in, it's important that you share our enthusiastic, proactive approach to developing relationships and understanding our clients’ commercial needs. We would like you to demonstrate:
- you have excellent commercial experience building enterprise grade websites
- a robust skill set of HTML5, CSS3
- excellent responsive design and development experience
- sass, less and gulp
- an understanding of and working alongside PHP
- working knowledge of Photoshop/Sketch for asset extraction and be able to advise on new approaches such as Material Design
- you have worked in and are comfortable in an Agile development environment
- you know how to use GIT version control
- experience in the full development life-cycle from planning to coding to delivery
- ability to take ownership of technical projects
- Exceptional attention to detail and a love and appreciation for user experience
So why would you want to work for our agency? Well, we are a group of creative, ambitious, talented, hard working people, single minded in our commitment to delivering the very best in product and service for our customers. GSOH is a must along with being a team player with a can-do attitude, someone with excellent attention to detail, who is well organised, a clear thinker, a problem solver and an excellent communicator.
Whilst we predominantly work with our clients on their ecommerce businesses we also develop our own Magento software so development teams work on project cycles to split time between client work and internal projects. We are the team behind the Braintree software for Magento, the only Apple Pay connection for Magento and BlueFootCMS which was acquired by Magento.
What we can do for you
As well as very competitive salary levels, we have an employee share scheme so everyone has ownership in the business and operates an annual performance related bonus so everyone shares in the rewards too. We also:
- Have a great offices in the centre of Brighton, London and Liverpool
- Regularly go for team lunches/drinks after work/industry conferences
- Flexible working hours to fit around your personal commitments
- Everybody has an annual personal, professional training budget
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare with Vitality
- Free drinks and snacks
- And you can bring your (well behaved) dog to work too!
Salary: Competitve Depending on Skills & Experience
So if you have the ability, attitude and ambition and want to work with GENE send us your CV and show us what you can do!