As our Senior Fire Technician you’ll execute and deliver our FRA remedial actions programme to ensure full compliance and ensuring planned preventative maintenance takes place, adhering to legislation and providing a safe environment for our tenants.
Delivering works via specialist contractors and managing 4 FRA Carpenters, you’ll ensure work is carried out to required standards and carryout all post inspection, audit controls and implementing legislative changes where necessary. As part of the role you will lead on the certification of works (FIRAS/BM Trada) to the required standard.
Ideally you will have:
- A recognised qualification in Fire Risk or Fire Safety Management, or demonstrable experience of providing preventative maintenance that is in line with fire requirements.
- A recognised Health and Safety Qualification e.g. NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ Level 4 or IOSH Training or SMSTS
- Evidence of managing a DLO and specialist contractors
- A knowledge of relevant legislation and/or Codes of Practice i.e.British Standards, Building Regulations and Health & Safety
- Sound practical knowledge and experience of managing FRA actions to include:
- Fire Door Maintenance Certification
- Fire Door Installation Certification
- Fire Stopping Installation Certification
- General maintenance FRA actions
- Relevant City & Guilds, NVQ2 or relevant experience
- Experience of completing FIRAS or BM Trada, associated certification.
Most important is that you have a background in fire compliance and the maintenance requirements relating to that as well as knowledge of more general repairs and maintenance work.
This will be a field based position that will require you to travel to sites across all of Paradigm’s portfolio. You will be supplied with a company van and fuel card that may be used for work purposes only. Hours of work will be 42.5 Monday to Friday 8am to 5:30pm.
About Paradigm Housing Group
Paradigm Housing Group is one of the South East’s leading housing providers. We manage over 15,000 homes across 33 different local authorities.
At Paradigm, we work hard and strive for excellence. In return we offer a great place to work and an attractive range of benefits, including a Health Cash Plan, bonus potential, competitive pension options and 25 days holiday plus 3 days closure at Christmas. We welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.
We welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in. Shortlisting will be conducted in line with the essential and desirable criteria set out in the person specification.
Please note that we will be reviewing applications throughout the campaign and may invite candidates to interview at any time, therefore reserve the right to close this role earlier than the published date should a suitable candidate be identified.