About the Role: Are you an experienced Surveyor who would like to work for a Values led organisation? Would you like to apply your skills in a more strategic way, by helping us better understand our stock so that we can deliver better quality homes? Then this might be the role for you.
This is a newly created post within the Strategic Asset Management team; we specialise in reviewing and delivering Paradigm’s asset management strategies. This role will provide expertise in planning our investment programmes, improving our stock intelligence and ensuring our assets provide customers with great places to live.
You will manage a small surveying team carrying out traditional stock condition surveying tasks, you will conduct inspections and provide advice such as Party Wall, home improvement, working with Fire Safety team reviewing plans regarding building construction of existing properties, along with occasional site visits to new developments, pre & post major works on individual properties and post-inspect Home Improvements.
Ensuring we meet targets that fulfil our ambitious cyclical stock condition program as well as validating investment programmes and ensuring our assets meet demanding standards.
You should be/have:
- Minimum qualification of a HND in Building Construction OR a degree in Building Surveying with a substantial practical experience
- Highly motivated and passionate about building processes and will enjoy seeking continual improvement.
- Good understanding of current Decent Homes legislation
- HHSRS accredited
- Effective communicator with understanding of diverse customers
- Intermediate to advanced IT skills
- Experience or aptitude for leading and developing a small team
- Strong attention to detail and sound judgment
- Experience in improvements, and planned maintenance
- Full driving licence (ideally clean) and own transport as role involves travel to multiple sites across Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Oxfordshire, Hertfordshire, Middlesex and North London. (Mileage will be refunded at the prevailing rate and subject to current rules).
- Appropriate level of physical fitness is required as the work will require the post holder to climb ladders and access small spaces (ie lofts)
About us: Paradigm Housing Group employs more than 500 staff and manage over 16,000 homes across the South-East, with an annual turnover of £150million, we are a financially strong, safety conscious, and an environmentally aware social housing provider.
We know that house prices in the areas where we work are high, both to buy and rent. We want to help more people have a safe and sustainable home that they can afford. We endeavour to make the best use of our resources in order to provide a cost effective and professional service to our customers, we aim to provide a first fix service where possible, with professional, polite and competent people delivering and exceeding on our Customer Care Standards.
We are a values’ driven, ambitious organisation. We’re Best Companies 1 STAR accredited organisation in recognition of our high employee engagement and offer a welcoming and friendly environment.
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) PLUSpaid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Annual Bonus potential
- Professional Sponsorship Scheme (subject to conditions) and professional subscriptions paid
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions, Physiotherapy and more
- Hybrid working
- Up to 3 paid ‘Giving Back’ (volunteer) days a year
- Newly created modern offices collaborative offices, with free parking and free electric vehicle charging points
- Rewards platform
- Opportunities for career advancement – if you want it, but fine if you don’t.
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)
We support flexible ways of working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.
We are Paradigm Housing Group.
We manage more than 15,000 homes across the South East.
We know that house prices in the areas where we work are high, both to buy and rent. We want to help more people have a safe and sustainable home that they can afford.
As a charity, the money we make goes into building new homes and providing an excellent service for residents.