Property & Construction
About the Role
Are you an experienced Surveyor looking to apply your skills in a more strategic way, to inform our investment works programmes, to help us better understand our stock and to deliver better quality homes? Do you have the leadership skills to manage a small team to help achieve your aims?
This is an exciting opportunity in a newly created role within the Strategic Asset Management team, providing expert contribution in planning our investment programmes, improving our stock intelligence and ensuring our assets provide customers with great places to live.
What we’re looking for
You will be a highly motivated person, capable of leading your surveying team to meet targets that fulfil our ambitious cyclical stock condition program as well as validating investment programmes and ensuring our assets meet demanding standards. As this is a new role, you will be passionate about building processes, and be seeking continual improvement. Alongside managing a team carrying out traditional stock condition surveying tasks, you will conduct inspections and provide advice, pre and post major works on individual properties and post inspect Home Improvements. Your excellent attention to detail will assist in managing stock data for both current and newly developed properties, ensuring accurate building information is maintained and can be deployed to support all aspects of Paradigm’s asset strategy.
Our Asset Management Strategy Team are expert and committed property management specialists. We specialise in reviewing and delivering Paradigm’s asset management strategies.
We are Paradigm Housing Group. We manage more than 15,000 homes across the South-East. We know that house prices in the areas where we work are high, both to buy and rent. We want to help more people have a safe and sustainable home that they can afford.
We are a values’ driven, ambitious organisation. We’re Best Companies 1 STAR accredited organisation in recognition of our high employee engagement and offer a welcoming and friendly environment.
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Annual Bonus potential
- Professional Sponsorship Scheme (subject to conditions) and professional subscriptions paid
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more. It’s free to add up to 4 dependent children aged up to 24yrs (if in f/t education) and each child is entitled to 50% worth of your allowance for each category!
- Remote hybrid working (as per Government guidelines we are working remotely at time of publication)
- Up to 3 paid ‘Giving Back’ (volunteer) days a year
- Newly created modern offices collaborative offices, with free parking and free electric vehicle charging points
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Rewards platform
- Opportunities for career advancement – if you want it, but fine if you don’t.
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)
We support flexible ways of working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.