IT & Communication Technology
We are looking for someone with extensive hands-on insights, data analytics and ecommerce experience (ideally agency/consultancy side); someone to help lead our approach, services and data analysis to provide actionable insights for enterprise-level clients, including the likes of Krispy Kreme, Tommee Tippee & PayPal.
This newly formed role is to lead our ecommerce analytics and data insights services. Our commitment to our clients doesn’t end with launching an ecommerce website, our responsibility is to ensure continued growth and success through optimisation, continuous improvement and data-led insights.
As our Senior Analytics & Data Insights Analyst, you will be responsible for managing, growing and delivering our data services and products, analysis and insights we offer to our clients. You will work in partnership with our consultancy teams to identify new opportunities and deliver tailored solutions that help our clients’ online businesses grow and succeed.
Our clients partner with us because they need a specialist ecommerce agency that can out-think and out-manoeuvre their competitors. An agency that can offer credible hands-on-consultancy backed up with the technical and creative expertise to get things done. They trust us to take a proactive leadership role in managing their online commerce, whilst also being personally involved in the decisions that shape the success of their business.
We are looking for someone who will help define and execute our approach, keep their team excited, engaged, motivated, and challenged, and consult, support, and deliver our clients’ ecommerce day-to-day needs to support their online growth. Come and join one of the most progressive, exciting and ambitious ecommerce agencies in the UK as our Head of Ecommerce Operations.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and ambitious data expert in the ecommerce industry; someone who wants to provide exceptional online customer experiences; someone organised and a highly effective communicator; someone who can bring ideas, effect change, and who wants to make a difference.
Reporting into the Head of Ecommerce Strategy you will have responsibility for Data Insight, Analysis, Implementation, Reporting, Optimisation and data strategy, and will have the opportunity to grow this team as needed to support your long-term growth strategy.Role and Responsibilities
- Work with our Senior Management Team to define data services, strategy and our consultancy approach
- Provide consultancy services to our range of clients supporting and sometimes defining their online strategies
- Provide data analysis, insight and reporting for our clients
- Manage and build the agency’s capabilities in terms of Insight and Analytics, Digital Optimisation, CRO, testing and data management including tools and platforms
- Support pre-sales and RFPs to win new business
- Advise, select and use the latest tools in the analytics and Business Intelligence space
- Collaborate with other teams, from solution specialises, UX design and developers to solve complex commerce problems and deliver exceptional customer experiences
- Be our thought leader and spokesperson for data and analytics
- Experience of defining data analytics and insight strategies within ecommerce
- A track record of delivering data insight projects for ecommerce businesses including data capture, analysis and optimisation
- Experience working with customer segmentation, conversion rate optimization and testing to generate insights and optimise customer experiences
- Knowledge of digital marketing channels such as affiliate programmes shopping feeds
- Experience with Google Analytics (GA) and Google Tag Manager (GTM)
- Planning and implementing CRO strategies and A/B tests
- Training and educating teams in GTM
- Experience working with cloud-based data, analysis and reporting tools and systems to manage and query data at scale
- Experience with APIs, integrations and data mapping and workflows
- Working experience in with Data Warehousing, SQL, Data Visualization
- Identify, understand and influence key drivers of website performance
- Develop business cases for implementing and prioritising website features
- Applying statistical modelling to complex data
- Experienced in working in a digital agency environment or fast-paced ecommerce environment
- Strong commercial awareness
- Experience working with and communicating to senior stakeholders in a business
- Solutions orientated, focusing on delivering customer benefit
- Problem solver - analytical, logical and creative in equal measure
- Flexible, helpful, resourceful, yet always delivery focused
- Reliable team player who promotes collaboration
- Keen interest in digital technology and ecommerce and how it can be utilised to solve complex problems
- Has a diplomatic approach to all situations
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to translate complex data into clear, practical and actionable insight
- Experience working as part of large-scale technical projects , using agile tools such as Jira, or Confluence.
- Experience supporting pitches and new business activities
- Website development experience incorporating knowledge of usability best practices
- Familiarity with ecommerce platforms such as Magento, Salesforce, Hybris, Shopify Plus
- Extensive Analytics experience
GENE, twice voted ‘Best Ecommerce Agency’ at the Ecommerce Expo Awards for Excellence is not your average agency. We have evolved from being a boutique ecommerce agency in Brighton, UK, to one of the leading certified Magento (Adobe) Enterprise Partners with an international reputation.
Innovation and ideas are at the heart of our business, and it’s this that sets us apart. If you want to be part of a company that embodies technical excellence and innovation, works on the cutting edge of emerging technologies, and truly values people and culture, then GENE is the place for you.
We never wanted to be just another digital agency. Instead of following best practice, we wanted to shape it. We were the first to release Apple Pay for the web on the Magento platform, and we have revolutionised Magento’s content management capability with our BlueFootCMS software which was acquired by Magento to become PageBuilder. As ecommerce partners we are trusted by clients such as PayPal, Braintree, Krispy Kreme, Tommee Tippee, Folio Society, and Madison Cycles.
It has always been important to us that our people find meaning in their work and truly enjoy what they do. And so everyone can achieve their ambitions and excel, we have placed a great emphasis on enabling bold, innovative thinking while nurturing a supportive culture of collaboration and accountability. Our drive and curiosity for innovation in an inclusive environment is at the heart of why we are inspired at work, and has enabled us to push the boundaries to create great change for our clients.What we can do for you
- We are a remote-first business but have great offices in the centre of Brighton, London & Liverpool
- Regularly go for team lunches/drinks after work/industry conferences
- Everybody has an annual personal, professional training budget
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare with Vitality
- Flexible working patterns
So if you have the ability, attitude and ambition and want to work with GENE send us your CV and show us what you can do!