CY SSM 2
Senior Sales Manager Location
Recruiting an experienced SaaS Sales manager / Sales Director to lead our commercial team. The role will report to the CEO and will involve managing, and developing, a small but growing sales team as well as influencing sales strategy.
As a growing business, we sell direct to businesses of all sizes, from young start-ups through to large, established, businesses.
Our opportunity is large and we are only just at the beginning of the journey. We are looking for someone to help us scale the business to its’ full potential.
This is a critical role for the business and the right person will roll their sleeves up, get stuck-in and accelerate the company. For the right individual, there will be the potential to participate in the company’s EMI options scheme after an appropriate probationary period.
We have developed a powerful SaaS integration toolkit primarily focused on other SaaS and software companies. Our clients can quickly create, manage and deliver an amplified suite of integrations from within their own application. We save our clients both time and money in a commercially critical business process, as well as making them more agile and responsive.
We believe that the real art of software is not just in the code itself, but understanding the user journey and the ‘real-life’ commercial application of the code. Our software platform is of critical importance to the clients that adopt it, to the extent that we view them as partners of our business. You will need to develop a good understanding of not only the technical benefits but also the commercial and operational benefits it can bring to bear.
We are seeking an individual with a background in software sales and with a very good level of technical sales understanding.
You’re a team player
We work across multiple locations. As a result, we live in Slack and video chat to plan, organise, report, test, and generally ensure the smooth progress of projects. As an organisation we are flexible employers and your sales team will be spread across multiple locations and/or homeworking. You will need to be confident in managing remote teams.
You will be working hand in hand with our Marketing team, Customer Success team and technical teams.
We’re a young but growing business
We already have a good grasp of channels to market, selling techniques and critical success factors. However, we also recognise that we are young and that there are lots of areas with room for improvement. The role will suit an experienced self-starter particularly well and we will actively encourage insight, challenge and new ideas.
- Ownership and responsibility for the new sales company targets (expressed in ARR)
- Managing the sale process from inception to completion, involving the technical and customer success teams as appropriate
- Managing different sales cycles as appropriate to client type, location and contract size
- Involvement in building and managing a successful sales team in line with budgets as agreed with the CEO
- Responsible for recruiting, managing, objective and target setting, coaching and performance monitoring of all sales representatives
- Working closely with marketing to ensure sufficient lead-gen to support sales targets
- Working closely with management to devise effective sales strategies, plans and campaigns
- Providing detailed, up-to-date, performance reporting and feedback on all sales staff
- Accurate sales forecasting
- Working closely with technical and implementation teams to ensure good sales and a smooth client handover
- Successful personal sales track record - consistently achieving annual sales targets in a solution sales environment
- 8+ years experience in a B2B sales environment, of which 3+ years experience in a Sales Leadership position of which the majority spent in a SaaS/software business
- Extensive experience using CRM and sales automation tools
- Capabilities in both remote and in-person selling
- Detailed understanding of a suitable solution sales methodology (e.g. SPIN, N.E.A.T or similar)
- Extensive training in selling skills (e.g. negotiation skills, presentation skills, strategic selling etc.)
- Strong communications skills
- Strong 1:1 sales coaching skills
- Smart, with strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to roll your sleeves-up and get involved, lead from the front.
You will be formally allocated to one of our offices in East Croydon, Brighton or Eastbourne. Location will however be flexible (homeworking is acceptable) although you should expect to travel at least once a week to one of the offices for in-person team meetings.
Salary £70 - 100K Basic X2
Statutory pension contribution
Flexible holidays with prior agreement with your manager
The company operates an EMI option scheme and, although not contractual, the right candidate will be invited to join the scheme subject to performance