Transport & Logistics
EMG UK is the leading entertainment and sports company in the country, providing high end, bespoke TV facilities and crew to the world’s Broadcasters and Producers
As we continue to expand our Outside Broadcast and Remote Operations, EMG UK is actively recruiting for a Rigger/C+E Driver join its busy Rigging and Logistics department.
EMG is Europe's leading provider of Broadcast services. From our UK head office in High Wycombe, we run a state-of-the-art fleet of UHD Outside Broadcast units and a Remote Broadcast Centre providing television coverage of international events for a vast range of UK and global clients. Working with broadcasters and production teams, we help deliver lasting content to audiences world-wide.
Our work includes European Tour Golf, Premier League Football, International and domestic cricket, the London Marathon and UEFA Euros as well as Entertainment and Live events such as the Brit Awards, BAFTAs, Dancing on Ice, Britain’s Got Talent, Trooping the Colour and Glastonbury Festival.
We have unique expertise in providing fixed rigs for reality programmes including 24 Hours in A & E, First Dates and Celebs Go Dating.
As a Rigger / Driver at EMG, you will be responsible for driving our Outdoor Broadcasting trucks around the country and sometimes abroad, to all of our sites. C+E license is an essential part of this role, any previous Rigging experience would be beneficial but not essential. When on site, the Rigging team is responsible for the correct parking of vehicles in the compound, as well as the laying of all cables on site to ensure the production of the event they are working on. This role is instrumental to ensuring our service to our customers and clients is able to be carried out and effective in its delivery. As a Rigger Driver you will be part of an essential team, working together to deliver great outcomes.
This is a highly demanding but rewarding role, acting as an essential part of being able to live stream our golf, sport, and other events. The role can require long periods on site and away from home (with appropriate allocation of rest time) and sometimes leads to long periods abroad, so passport and ability to travel is essential.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Driving the scanner or tender to site location, in a safe and timely manner
- Rigging of cables in line with health and safety requirements (rigging at heights may be required)
- Accountable for the safe rigging working practises onsite, weather clientele requirements or specific onsite needs
- To be willing to work alone or part of a team in a professional manner
- De-rigging of cables in line with health and safety requirements (de-rigging at heights may be required)
- In date Passport
- Motivated & professional attitude
- Ability to work both alone and within a team
- Willingness to travel for periods of time.
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Previous rigging experience preferable
Knowledge and Experience
- C+E Drivers license (preferably HGV Class 1 & 2 with CPC)
- Basic Health & Safety knowledge and understanding
- Working at Heights
- 25 Days Holiday, excluding Bank Holidays
- Company Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a range of Discounts & Benefits
- Discount Gym Membership
- Family Friendly Policies
- Life Insurance
If you are interested in this role, traveling abroad, and working as part of a small team, on some of the most prestigious outside broadcast events, this could be the new career for you.
We pride ourselves in building a diverse and equal company where opportunity exists for all.
YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE