We have a great opportunity for a Residential Service Engineer to join our dedicated Customer Support team who work amongst one of the world's leading logistics companies, reporting to the Residential Service Manager, based at a site in Fawley, Southampton. This role would suit someone with 1st line support experience in a predominantly mechanical role.
Roles and Responsibilities
- On site support of an automated conveyor and packing line
- Support existing site-based BEUMER Group CS Colleagues
- Manage all Hotline cases whilst on and off site.
- Manage all BEUMER H&S aspects along with spares ordering processes.
- Responsible to deliver the planned preventative maintenance as part of pre-agreed service contracts, this will involve changing out worn parts and checking associated components for wear and tear on both mechanical and electrical systems
- Manage and update onsite CMMS Maintenance system
- Produce timely and detailed service reports related to BEUMER machinery.
- Supporting installation projects, modernisations and warranty work
- Attend breakdowns with the ability to troubleshoot, test and repair technical equipment
- Work with onsite operational teams and residential maintenance Teams
- Working individually and as part of an existing onsite customer maintenance team
- Low Level Controls: Siemens S7 PLC, TIA Portal, Profibus, ASi-Bus networks
- Awareness of PLC controls and bus networks so that next level support can be assisted
- Populating RAMS related to the work to be undertaken, after training
- As a BEUMER Group UK Ltd employee you have a duty to take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your actions at work. You must co-operate with your employer and co-workers to help everyone meet their legal requirements.
- Proven field service experience with the ability to build positive relationships with customers
- Possess a high level of electrical/mechanical control knowledge and awareness
- Have experience of or be able to quickly develop a working knowledge of Siemens S7 PLC, TIA Portal, Profibus, ASi-Bus networks.
- Have experience with DC electrics and the aptitude to learn about control systems
- Have knowledge and experience of Mechanical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic systems.
- Ideally to have experience inspecting machinery, reporting defects and recommending repair solutions.
- Must have a mechanical electrical or multi-skilled qualification – ONC or equivalent
- Must be able to fault find on electrical and mechanical systems to diagnose errors or technical problems and determine solutions
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organisation
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations / briefings
Supportive Competencies and Knowledge
CSCS, IOSH, IPAF. Training supplied
First Aid preferred, certification available
English literacy essential
Proficient MS Office user
- NVQ 3 or equivalent Electrical Engineering or
- Ideally mechanically bias multi skilled with an Electrical Engineering background
Desirable/transferrable skills: Fully qualified (Class 1 or equivalent) NCO. Navy Engineering, RAF Engineering, REME. such as Vehicle Tech, Mechanician, Armourer, Air frames/propulsions tech/mech.