To support continued growth, we’re looking for a motivated candidate with thorough knowledge of Service charges and Rent Setting in the housing sector to assist the Rent & Service Charge Manager in the setting and maintenance of rent charges and support the team with service charge settings.
If you are looking to build an accounting career with the right balance of corporate professionalism and social purpose, this could we the role for you. We are a social housing provider employing around 500 people with 15,000 properties, a turnover of £150m and a substantial development and sales programme.
To be successful in this role you’ll need a passion for delivering excellent service to customers and colleagues. An understanding of accounting processes and housing rent knowledge having worked in a Rents or Rents & Service Charge Team in a Housing Association or Local Authority. You will have a good working knowledge of UK Welfare Reform and relevant UK legislation and you’ll need to be highly numerate with great attention to detail.
Working in our Service Charge team of five within our Finance Directorate of around 60 people, your main duties will focus on setting and maintaining rent charges in line with legislation and process. We are passionate about providing a great service to our customers and colleagues so it's important that you bring a confident and courteous telephone manner and will be comfortable speaking with our customers to provide that service. Your written communication skills should be of a high standard as you will compose correspondence to our customers, which should be clear, accurate and concise.
Our generous Benefits Package includes:
- Annual Leave starting at 25 days hols (rising incrementally with service to 30 days max) + 3 days at Xmas/New year closure and ability to buy up to 5 days (subject to conditions) Plus 8 bank holidays
- Family Friendly policies incl Maternity, Paternity, Shared Parental Leave, Adoption Leave, Sabbatical etc
- Medicash Health Cash Plan, worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, physio therapy even Indian Head Massage!
- Flexible ways of working, including hybrid working, part time, compressed hours etc (subject to agreement and dependant on role requirements)
- Free parking and free Tea and coffee in the office
- Car leasing options (after successful completion of probation period)
- Electric vehicle charging points
- Supportive organisation with various Wellbeing initiatives incl ‘Wellbeing Wednesday’ where an additional hour break is encouraged to do something for to enhance wellbeing
- Professional subscriptions paid
- Up to 3 paid volunteering days per year
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) incl 24/7 helpline to various services
- Trained Mental Health First Aiders – we take this seriously
- We are a Best Companies 1 star accreditation, with high levels of employee engagement
- Rewards Platform – where employees can be nominated and receive vouchers they can exchange for a range of goods and services
- New collaborative workspaces
- Social Events (Covid permitting)
Our vision is clear: We provide excellent services to our customers and build new homes to help people. We make sure our homes are safe and sustainable and strive to do more by making the most of our resources. With a significant transformation and growth programme underway, we are making the most of our many opportunities in a challenging but rewarding environment.
Shortlisting will be conducted in line with the essential and desirable criteria set out in the person specification. We reserve the right to close this role earlier than the published date should a suitable candidate be identified.