The Moat School is a thriving independent day school for boys and girls aged 9 to 21 years old. It specialises in supporting pupils with dyslexia, dyspraxia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia and other specific learning needs to achieve their potential. Located in Fulham and we also have a Sixth Form located in Hammersmith which was opened in 2020
You will be the welcoming face to the School for students, parents, and other visitors. You will also maintain the switchboard. The ability to have excellent interpersonal skills, along with good IT skills is a must in this key role, along with being able to handle a fast-paced working environment.
Some of your main duties
- Greeting all visitors to the school and maintaining the (digital) visitors’ book. Informing catering of any visitors staying for lunch.
- Signing in and out of all staff and pupils.
- Registers – ensure all are taken and check for anomalies.
- First aid trained.
- First point of call for missing students.
- Answering all incoming telephone calls.
- Maintaining switchboard.
- Arranging diverts, updating and circulating internal/external telephone lists. Updating automated phone system as necessary.
- Parents’ Evening – organising and setting up.
- First point for guests/new starters.
- Supporting staff with administration tasks, letter writing, mail merge, sending messages etc.
- Incoming post - distribute to pigeonholes and staff as necessary.
- Reprinting of documents to assist students and teachers alike, for example lost timetables.
- Keep fire registers up-to-date.
- Assisting staff with administrative tasks for arranging trips and activities, for example, obtaining quotes, booking buses etc.
- Yearly stocktake of stationery.
- Maintaining and updating room bookings diary.
- General staff assistance.
- To assist with any other clerical duties as required.
In return for your efforts, we offer.
- Teacher pension scheme
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Staff socials -Staff sport teams
- Laptop for every member of staff
- IT support for all staff
- Free onsite parking
- Free lunch during term time
- Staff professional development programme supported by the school
- Access to SpLD and ASD specialist training for all staff
For further information and to request an application, please click on the apply button!
Closing date: Wednesday, 10th August 2022.
Interviews commencing: 11th August 2022.
The Moat School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced CRB disclosure.