What an exciting start to the year we have had here at our flagship manufacturing site in Melton, Hull. We are going through a period of significant growth and there has never been a better time to join us. Having recently moved to a 24/7, 4 on 4 off operation, we have been busy recruiting the best talent around to continue our successful journey here at SCA
The year ahead will be exciting, challenging and lots of fun! Are you up for the challenge? Do you strive to improve processes and ensure high level quality is being adhered to?
Then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Quality Control Inspector to join our Quality Team, working on our night shift 4 nights on and 4 nights off.
Your next challenge
Working alongside the Quality Manager & Quality team you will help to ensure raw material & machined goods comply with quality guidelines. This role would suit someone who is used to handling machined timber goods & who has knowledge of the expectations for quality. The ideal candidate must have timber knowledge with experience in a production & warehouse environment. Knowledge of quality checks and specifications would be highly advantageous. The candidate should also have experience of influencing & liaising with suppliers. Any experience of troubleshooting would be essential.
What ‘wood’ you be doing?
Quality Control Inspectors, on a day to day basis will be expected to:
- Improve and/or create processes and controls with specific focus on:
- Raw material QC processes
- Manufacturing QC processes within 9 areas of Production
- Finished products QC processes
- Work closely with the General Manager & Quality team to continuously improve methods, processes & practices
- Ensure raw materials, finished goods & components are checked against agreed specifications and/or standards
- Take responsibility for the quality control of raw material & finished goods production
- Ensure all quality issues, problems & solutions are reported
- Educate colleagues with best practice QA & QC practices; assisting in training of any new or existing colleagues
Hours: permanent Nights (6pm-6am) working 4 on and 4 off shift pattern
Minimum Qualifications / Experience
- At least two years’ experience of working within QC function
- A work related qualification is desirable.
- Must be competent in the use of Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level and Word, Powerpoint and Outlook to a basic level.
What ‘wood’ you be like?
- Positive outlook and ‘can do’ attitude towards issues and problems.
- Proactive in finding solutions.
- Desire to progress and learn about Quality Assurance.
What we can offer you?
SCA Wood UK prides itself on our values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence.
Not only will we provide you with a work environment which is fun, fast paced and nice to work in, we offer a competitive benefits package!
- Hourly rate of between £10.07 - £11.07
- Generous shift allowance - 25% of hourly rate per hour on top!
- Fantastic pension contribution of up to 10% of your salary
- Bonus potential
- Life Assurance x 4 of your basic salary
- 24 days annual leave including Bank Holidays
- Exclusive access to a discount and cashback scheme giving you the opportunity to save money from hundreds of retailers and services throughout the UK.