IT & Communication Technology
Come and join one of the most progressive, exciting and ambitious ecommerce agencies in the UK.
Since starting in 2013, Gene has evolved from being a boutique ecommerce agency in Brighton to one of the most effective certified Magento experts in the UK creating and developing some of the most challenging and innovative ecommerce websites and software. In 2018 we expanded to offices in London and Liverpool.
We never wanted to be just another digital agency. Instead of following best practice, we wanted to shape it. We were the first to release Apple Pay for the web on the Magento platform and we have revolutionised Magento’s content management capability with our BlueFootCMS software. As ecommerce partners we are trusted by clients such as PayPal, Braintree, Krispy Kreme, Gro Company, Green People and Temple Spa.
Our progressive approach encourages a culture where everyone feels empowered, challenged and motivated to succeed. We live by 5 principles; we want to be challenged, we want our work to have purpose, we want to achieve great results, work with people we like and enjoy what we do.
Our clients partner with us because they need a specialist ecommerce agency that can out-think and out-manoeuvre their competitors. An agency that can offer credible hands-on-consultancy backed up with the technical and creative expertise to get things done. They trust us to take a proactive leadership role in managing their online commerce, whilst also being personally involved in the decisions that shape the success of their business.
Enough about us...what about the role:
We are looking for a customer focused, technical and service minded individual to join our ecommerce team. The primary responsibility of this role is to support our developers in ensuring that we create best in class solutions for our customers’ Magento websites. we are not looking for just any QA and tester, we are looking for someone different, someone innovative, creative, someone with natural attention to detail, a passion for web technologies and inspirational ideas and someone who wants to make a difference.
We develop on the Magento Commerce platform for some big brands. We don’t muck around, we are serious about ecommerce and we need someone used to working with the Magento 2 Platform. You will be part of our fast paced Agile development team, supporting the build and launch of eCommerce websites utilising the latest Magento technologies. Your main responsibilities will be to design, develop and implement manual and automated tests for ecommerce sites and software solutions that scale across our client’s websites. In addition you will need to learn and leverage the current methodologies and address incidents, bugs and small change requests, requiring the ability to quickly triage, multitask, prioritise and problem solve.
To fit in, it's important that you share our enthusiastic, proactive approach to developing relationships and understanding our clients’ commercial needs. We would like you to demonstrate:
- Manual testing experience and demonstrable knowledge of analysis, creation and execution of test cases within an Agile project
- A proven track record in the testing of web-based applications, client server systems and Microsoft SQL environments
- Significant experience of testing user interfaces, business logic and batch processes
- Experienced in providing support to developers for test case debugging, execution tracing and coverage analysis
- Experience and knowledge of Magento software and ecommerce
- Experience with issue tracking management and resolution
- Enthusiastic and motivated team player
- A basic understanding of software automation with a view to developing this further later in your career
- An ISEB/ISTQB foundation certificate in Software Testing would be an advantage
So why would you want to work for our agency? Well, we are a group of creative, ambitious, talented, hard working people, single minded in our commitment to delivering the very best in product and service for our customers. GSOH is a must along with being a team player with a can-do attitude, someone with excellent attention to detail, who is well organised, a clear thinker, a problem solver and an excellent communicator.
Whilst we predominantly work with our clients on their ecommerce businesses we also develop our own Magento software so development teams work on project cycles to split time between client work and internal projects. We are the team behind the Braintree software for Magento, the only Apple Pay connection for Magento and BlueFootCMS which was acquired by Magento.
What we can do for you
As well as very competitive salary levels, we have an employee share scheme so everyone has ownership in the business and we operate an annual performance related bonus so everyone shares in the rewards too. We also:
- Have a great offices in the centre of Brighton, London and Liverpool
- Regularly go for team lunches/drinks after work/industry conferences
- Flexible working hours to fit around your personal commitments
- Everybody has an annual personal, professional training budget
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare with Vitality
- Free drinks and snacks
- And you can bring your (well behaved) dog to work too!
So if you have the ability, attitude and ambition and want to work with GENE send us your CV and show us what you can do!