Purchase ledger Clerk
Your Purchase Ledger Role:
We are on the hunt for a competent and experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk, responsibilities will include:
- Daily Cash and bank reconciliation across several bank accounts
- Forward thinking with using current processes and confidence to make recommendations to streamline and implement new processes.
- Responsibility of reconciling supplier accounts, chasing missing invoices and coding the invoices to the cost centres
- Responsible for uploading subcontractor invoices for approval for payment.
- Reconciling Bank and Credit cards in a timely manner with appropriate paperwork
- Payments – making supplier payments as and when instructed to do so by Finance Manager
The ideal Candidate:
- Knowledge of Xero accounting software
- Accounting background – AAT level 2/3 qualified.
- Prior experience working within the Construction Industry with understanding of CIS.
- An understanding of DRC and VAT
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both verbally and in writing, to all levels of the business, and to external parties
- Proficient working with all Microsoft packages including Excel and Word
- Organisational skills
- Problem Solving
- A strong administrative background
- Self-driven and confident
- Able to get on with others and be a team player.
Package and benefits
- A competitive salary - £22,000 - £25,000
- Free parking
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays