Property & Construction
This is a very exciting time to be joining Paradigm Housing Group. With 15,000 properties, a turnover of £115m and a substantial development and sales programme, we are making the most of our many opportunities in a challenging but rewarding environment.
We have a clear and ambitious view of where we are as an organisation and where we need to get to; providing more homes for people who need them by running an efficient and successful business.
The Resident Sales team of around 4 people deals with shared owners, whereby both the customer and Paradigm own a share in the property and our team who manage any changes to the current ownership of the property. In the main these changes are the property needs to be sold or the customer wishes to purchase more shares in the property (known as staircasing), some other transactions include re-mortgaging, lease extensions and transfer of equity. We also deal with current tenants who wish to purchase their property.
Previous knowledge or experience in these fields would be a distinct advantage. However, if you have a strong customer services background, good Microsoft systems skills, a methodical and organised approach to your work, are used to working to strict deadlines and are quick to learn then we will train you.
You will be responsible for progressing all aspects of property sales transactions, from initial marketing through to exchange of contracts and subsequent completion. All of our transactions must be managed in line with our statutory, legal and Company requirements.
You will work alongside the New Build sales team and as part of the wider Development Directorate of around 35 people in total.
You should have/be:
- excellent communication skills with strong customer service awareness
- the ability to work as a self-motivated individual as well as part of a team
- strong organisational skills backed with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail as there is a high volume of administration
- common-sense and a flexible approach
- excellent prioritisation skills and the ability to follow and apply initiative to procedural situations relating to the conveyancing and sales processes
- analytical skills
- proven numeracy skills
- comfortable working under pressure and be focused on meeting deadlines
- proficiency in using MS packages, incl Word and Excel
Who would this suit?
People with the following backgrounds would be of interest: conveyancing and/or back-office estate agency, mortgage lender, housing association/registered provider. If you don’t have this experience but you have a strong work ethic and top-notch customer service skills with an understanding or interest in housing/property we would still be interested to hear from you.
In return you will work with a supportive team, liaising with a variety of different contacts both internally and externally. You will have the opportunity to develop and grow your own skills, gaining valuable experience along the way.
- A competitive salary and pension options
- Bonus potential
- 25 days holidays p/a to start, plus 3 days during office closure at Xmas / New year plus 8 bank holidays, with the opportunity to buy up to 5 days p/a (subject to conditions)
- Remote hybrid working and modern offices?
- Our excellent head-to-toe Health Cash Plan is worth more than £1,800 p/a & incl treatments such as optical, dental, physio, chiropody, chiropractic, reflexology, even Indian head massage!
- Up to 3 paid Volunteer days a year
- Free Parking, free tea and coffee when working in our offices
A bit more about us:
We are a Best Companies 1 STAR accredited organisation in recognition of our high employee engagement and offer a welcoming and friendly environment. The organisation is clearly focussed on the delivery of its five year corporate plan with ambitious and challenging objectives including improving our environment and sustainability targets to deliver quality homes to people who need them.
We welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.
Shortlisting will be conducted in line with the essential and desirable criteria set out in the person specification.
We will be reviewing applications throughout the campaign and may invite candidates to interview at any time, therefore reserve the right to close this role earlier than the published date should a suitable candidate be identified.