Property & Construction
Permanent, 37 hrs p/w Mon-Fri
About the role: We are searching to find a truly exceptional individual to work in our Surveying Services Team which is an integral part the Property Services Directorate. Reporting to the Surveying Services Manager you will carry out surveying activities within the Paradigm Property Services Team. Work includes, (but is not limited to), Stock Condition Surveys, Energy Performance Certificates, Mutual Exchange Inspections, Estate Improvements Surveys, Private Sector Leasehold inspections, Damp and Mould surveys, Fire Risk Assessments, Structural Repairs, Major Voids, Investment Works Pre and Post Inspections along with all Litigation Inspections, Fitness for Human Habitation etc.
About you: You will need to be organised, disciplined and flexible; around 60% of your time will be spent ‘on-site’ and the work is interesting and varied. Your line manager is an experienced Chartered Surveyor who will provide guidance as required. You will work alongside other experienced and competent Surveyors and with Inspectors who will look to you for help and advice. You will need to work collaboratively and to a high standard. A part of your role will be to assist in the development of our three Inspectors who are completing their Surveying apprenticeships.
We would also consider applicants who are Assistant Building Surveyor level who are at the top of their game; this being the case the salary for this level of role would be around £35k with a view to developing to the next level, according to attitude, ability and performance.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Providing property related advice and support
• Carrying out a wide range of surveys and inspections, including damp and mould, structural defects, exchanges, condition, fire safety, disabled adaptations.
• Project management of investment works
• Procurement and contract administration of project works using standard forms of contract.
• Supporting the Development department with post-inspections and handovers.
• Monitoring and managing associated operations budgets
• Promoting continuous departmental development.
• To assist the Surveying Services Manager in relation to options appraisals/ regeneration opportunities. To be successful in this role you should have:
• Professional Qualification (CIOB, RIBA, RICS) or equivalent surveying experience.
• A qualification in Building Surveying or Building Construction (diploma, HNC, degree) with a minimum of five years’ experience.
• Experience delivering improvements, and planned maintenance.
• Experience managing project budgets and contract administration.
• Experience in a range of building surveys and repairs.
• Have a track record of effective building defects diagnosis
• A methodical approach with strong problem-solving skills.
• Good written skills and be confident managing figures and accounts.
• Be computer literate, confident using proprietary asset management software – experience using CAD is desirable.
• A good customer service manner.
• A driving licence and vehicle is also required for business use (business mileage will be paid at the prevailing rate in line with our policy).
About us: Paradigm Housing Group is one of the South East’s leading housing providers. We manage over 16,000 homes across 33 different local authorities and employ more than 550 people. We are a values’ driven, ambitious organisation with Best Companies 1 STAR accredited organisation in recognition of our high employee engagement and offer a welcoming and friendly environment. We are clearly focussed on the delivery of our five-year corporate plan with ambitious and challenging objectives including improving our environment and sustainability targets to deliver quality homes to people who need them.
Our profits go into building more homes for people who need them and not in to paying dividends to shareholders. If this appeals to you, and you’d like to work for a great team, where you can add value and have a personal impact on the future success of our business, you could be a few clicks away from a rewarding career with us.
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Annual Bonus potential
- Professional Sponsorship Scheme (subject to conditions) and professional subscriptions paid
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more.
- Remote / hybrid working
- Up to 3 paid Volunteer days a year
- Newly created modern offices collaborative offices, with free parking and charging points for electric vehicles
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Employee Rewards platform
- Opportunities for career advancement – if you want it, but fine f you don’t
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)
We support flexible ways of working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.