SCA Wood UK’s Melton site is going through an exciting change. The aim is to increase the level of available production hours to support SCA’s customer expectations. SCA are moving to a permanent days (6am-6pm) or nights (6pm-6am) working 4 on and 4 off shift pattern, which is due to start from 1st January 2021. As a result of this change, SCA are increasing their workforce to support the creation of an extra team with the production and warehouse facility.
Therefore, we are looking for skills wood machinists and sawyers who are able to operate our machinery to produce high quality finished timber products.
Your next challenge
The Production Operatives are responsible for running high-speed machining lines, which sit at the heart of our Production facility.
Production Operatives, on a day to day basis will be expected to:
• Adhere to production schedule to ensure products are produced in line with customer expectations.
• Be the lead person of the production line team, ensuring skills of the team members are developed with a specific focus on improving safety and productivity.
• Work safely and in line with the safe systems of work processes in place.
• Maintain the quality of finished goods to the highest standard.
• Achieve targets per shift and per week - On Time In Full (“OTIF”) production;
• Keep the lines clean and in good working condition.
• Maintain good clear written product information regarding production output, rejects and scrap
Supporting maintenance breakdowns will be a key part of your role as will being able to use your initiative and resolve production issues. You will have experience of dealing with raw materials, setting the machine, infeed, outfeed, wrapping and labelling – all whilst maintaining high quality finished product throughout each process. Working in a high performance culture will provide you with the opportunity to grow and develop within the business.
This position would suit an existing machinist already working in the timber industry. You will be knowledgeable of your machine and fully understand its capabilities.
There are several roles available that could either be on the permanent days and nights working pattern, when applying please advise what shift pattern would be most suitable in your covering letter.
What ‘wood’ you be like
• Machining experience is essential
• Experience of running a production line
• Timber knowledge is essential
• Exposure to high volumes
• “Winning” attitude and team player
• Safety conscious
What we can offer you?
SCA Wood UK prides itself on our values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence.
Not only will we provide you with a work environment which is fun, fast paced and nice to work in, we offer a competitive hourly rate. Depending on the machine you will operate your starting rate will be between £11.27 and £12.89 with a generous shift allowance. We offer pension contributions (up to 10%), 24 days holiday (inc bank holiday's), bonus potential, life assurance x 4 and exclusive access to a discount and cashback portal giving you the opportunity to save money from hundreds of retailers and services throughout the UK