Transport & Logistics
SCA Wood UK are going through some exciting changes. With the introduction of a new distribution model at our site in Melton (Hull), it has allowed our Welshpool and Melton sites to work very closely together to find common ways of working to service the Merchant Customer base. Therefore, we are looking for a Production & Logistics Administrator who is able to support our Production & operations team at our site in Welshpool.
Your next challenge
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will not only deliver significant value to SCA Wood by supporting the production facility, you will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of coordinating production and logistics operations, alongside an experienced management team.
The role will naturally work with areas alongside the warehouse, supply chain and production planning functions so the position would suit someone who has experience in a similar administration role. We would need you to have an intermediate grasp of Excel, and if you have used SAP, that would be highly beneficial to us! You will be managing different priorities and so you must be highly organised and able to consider the urgency of certain tasks against others.
What ‘wood’ you be doing?
On a day to day basis you will be expected to:
- Process paperwork for outbound loads
- Photographing of loads;
- Taking ownership of stock queries and finding resolutions to issues.
- Booking in of returns;
- Maintain a claims log and monitor credits due.
- Internal communication with multiple departments;
- Weekly / monthly performance reports (eg. yield reports for production machines);
- External communication with our customer / end user / delivery partner;
- Assist in the development of any new procedures and improvements to the production and processes;
- You will also assist and support various roles within the production and warehouse function
What experience ‘wood’ you need?
- 2+ years of general administration experience essential.
- SAP experience highly desirable.
- Manufacturing or Warehouse / Logistics administration experience desirable.
- Ability to use Microsoft programmes such as Word, Outlook and Excel is essential.
- Experience of dealing with busy operations.
- Knowledge of production processes and supply chain desirable.
What ‘wood’ you be like?
- Methodical and organised
- Enthusiastic and engaging.
- ‘Doer’ and ‘hands on’
- Customer focused.
- Team player.
- Strong communication skills.
What we can offer you?
SCA Wood UK prides itself on our values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence.
Not only will we provide you with a work environment which is fun, caring and nice to work in, we offer a competitive benefits package!
- Starting salary between £18,000 - £20,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Fantastic pension contribution of up to 10% of your salary
- Life Assurance x 4 of your basic salary
- 33 days annual leave including Bank Holidays
- Exclusive access to a discount and cashback scheme giving you the opportunity to save money from hundreds of retailers and services throughout the UK.
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday - 1-9.30pm and Friday 12 to 7.30pm. (39 hours per week)