Marketing & Communications
We are delighted to be working with our client based on the outskirts of Portsmouth. With over 20 years in the technology sector, our client prides itself on being one of the largest in its field and due to continued growth, are looking for a Product Manager – 3rd Party Vendors to join their team!
Marketing is responsible for new partner recruitment, existing partner engagement and thru-Partner marketing programs and tools, alongside stewardship of the company’s brand and associated assets.
The Product team is responsible for building, growing, and supporting the clients Product portfolio including the complete product lifecycle and the operational relationship with vendors.
Your Product Manager role:
The Product Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of defined 3rd Party Vendors within the product portfolio and will act as a central point of contact for vendors and the wider business.
Deliver commercial success and world class partner experiences against the agreed company objectives and aligned with the company’s key strategies.
You will become a product expert and responsible for:
- Product positioning: Ensuring all products have all required assets which enable the products to be successful within the business.
- Vendor Management: Maintain regular communication with the defined product set conducting regular vendor reviews, utilising, and promoting internally key training, product updates and monthly reporting in the monthly sales meeting and to the Product Marketing Manager. Ensuring the overall success of a product/vendor can be clearly understood. Arrange appropriate Quarterly Business Reviews and ad hoc reviews where appropriate.
- Vendor Catalogue Management: To liaise with the vendor to ensure our clients are up to date with their product catalogue and pricing, its lifecycle, its position in the market and key vendor messaging.
- Roadmap: Understand CORE and the Partner Portal roadmap and ensure there is an aligned communication plan to the wider business and our clients Partners.
- Customer & partner communications: Work with the Marketing Team and Product Marketing Manager to provide product information for customer and partner communications and the Partner Portal.
- Sales enablement: Provide the value proposition to internal, Partner and Sales Teams and ensure the Sales Teams have the resources, tools, and support to convey our value proposition. Arrange refresher training sessions where relevant.
- Product collateral: Leverage existing content in the creation and maintenance of sales and support materials e.g. sales sheets, battle cards, onboarding materials and pricing sheets.
- Launches: Co-ordinate 3rd party vendor product launches following the GTM process.
- Vendor Incentives: Responsible for liaising with Vendors and the Marketing and Sales Teams to ensure any project/product deployment maximises available incentives in a timely manner, and that all available joint marketing and co-op investment funds are fully claimed.
- Reconciliations: Responsible for overseeing invoice reconciliations for the defined product set where required and reporting anomalies back to the finance department should they need to be raised with the product for resolution
Our ideal Product Manager:
- Highly motivated, self-starter who thrives under tight deadlines and a start-up environment, quick learner with a ‘roll up the sleeves’ approach and excellent attention to detail.
- Has a passion for all aspects of product management and marketing and keen to learn new cloud technologies on the job.
- Leads by example and takes ownership of their work – dealing with issues through to resolution.
- Partner and customer solution focused with business analytical and commercial awareness, takes accountability for own actions, and constantly strives for greater results.
- An adaptable individual who can effectively work on their own to meet individual objectives and growth targets whilst remaining a strong team player who readily shares and documents knowledge in support of others to meet departmental objectives and targets.
- Proactively develops their knowledge and skills of business offerings and shares ideas and feedback to relevant parties to continuously improve the service offering and drive business growth.
- Committed to providing a quality service. Maintains high professional standards, is methodical, accurate, analytical and displays a high attention to detail.
- Confident and professional with excellent organisational, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the business.
- Reacts well to change, stays positive despite setbacks, and thrives in a high growth fast paced work environment.
- An aptitude for problem solving with a structured approach.
- Overall, a good team player who will celebrate success and learn from failure.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- 1-2 years’ experience in Product Management.
- Educated to a minimum of Degree level or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks on time and within budget.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve individual and company objectives.
- Competent PC user with strong Microsoft Office suite skills.
- A keen interest in technology, cybersecurity, the benefit of cloud and how it is helping shape our personal and professional lives.
- Channel Marketing Experience.
- Experience working in a technology business.
- Starting salary of £30,000 to £35,000 depending on experience
- Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays (or days off in lieu) and birthday day per annum.
- Additional days leave for birthday per annum is non-contractual details to be provided upon joining.
- Pension: 4% employer contributions and 4% employee contributions for eligible employees
- Life Assurance: 4 times salary
To not miss out on the opportunity to become our clients Product Manager- 3rd Party Vendors, register your interest by clicking apply now! We look forward to meeting you!