Property & Construction
Queensmead School are looking for a responsible Premises Assistant/Caretaker to join their Premises Team in a busy Secondary School
Queensmead is an ‘outstanding’, oversubscribed 11-18 mixed academy school where students achieve highly and display ‘exemplary behaviour’ (Ofsted).
Our Ideal Premises Assistant:
As well as being able to work on your initiative, some caretaking duties will be required and the ideal candidate will have maintenance skills which will help keep the school premises in peak condition. Further responsibilities will include:
- To assist with the unlocking and securing of the buildings and site as required.
- To assist with the reactive and planned maintenance tasks of the buildings and grounds, involving plumbing, carpentry, light replacement, furniture construction, drainage, decorating, cleaning, etc.
- To assist and respond to maintenance requests arising from the school’s helpdesk ticket system. Prioritising where necessary and completing jobs efficiently and proactively.
- To fully assist the Premises Manager in all and any aspect of site management, including access and security, general repairs and maintenance, as well as health and safety, as required from time-to-time.
- To assist with events and setting up/take down of furniture and equipment as required.
- To liaise with Heads of Department, Leadership, contractors and other staff, as needed, letting them know approximate timings and any impact on their areas, and informing staff if work cannot be done and of any workarounds.
- To take the lead in delivering small works and minor projects.
- To assist in the planning and running of key school events, such as Open Evenings.
- To patrol site to check for hazards.
- Ordering goods for the school.
Salary and Benefits:
In return for your continued commitment to our team, we are offering the following benefits package:
- Annual Salary of £22,587
- A comprehensive induction programme will be provided
- Ongoing extensive CPD programme
- Free membership of the Fitness Zone at Queensmead Sports Centre
- Free Health Care Plan (Includes benefits worth over £2000)
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Free access to Goals Soccer Centre
- Refer a Friend / Colleague Scheme
To not miss out on the opportunity to become our next Premises Assistant/Caretaker, register your interest by clicking Apply Now. We look forward to meeting you!