Property & Construction
Working for yourself has its merits, but it’s a tough gig. If you’re feeling like you want all the good stuff without the hassle and need a change then read on to find out about the roles we have available and our fantastic employment benefits.
If you (or someone you know) is/are an experienced plumber, then apply and we could be doing all of the stuff you hate, leaving you to do the things you’re really good at and that you enjoy!
Alternatively, you may be working for another business but would like to move to an organisation that is on firm financial footing, with excellent benefits and has a track record in promoting talent from within.
Due to growth in our business, a strong commitment to our customer care standards, health & safety aims, environmental and sustainability agenda, we have a number of vacancies within Our Direct Labour Operation (DLO).
As a Paradigm Technician working for our DLO, we’ll supply you with a fully equipped hybrid van (no insurance renewals or services to concern yourself with as we do that) and a fuel card to ensure you can get around easily. We’ll provide you with an electronic tablet where your you can see your scheduled jobs and access our intranet for the latest company news. You’ll also get a mobile ‘phone, work clothing and PPE and we’ll aim to book your jobs in your local area where possible. You will be the face of Paradigm and will deliver a quality service to our customers in their homes, so a friendly and polite manner is as important as competence and high standards of work in your given trade.
Paradigm employees more than 500 staff has over 15,000 properties, with an annual turnover of +£150million, we are a financially strong, safety conscious, and an environmentally aware social housing provider. We endeavour to make the best use of our resources in order to provide a cost effective and professional service to our customers, we aim to provide a first fix service where possible, with professional, polite and competent people delivering and exceeding on our Customer Care Standards.
Role specific requirements:
- Relevant City & Guilds Part 1 & 2, NVQ2 or relevant experience
- Apprentice trained or 5 years’ experience as a plumber
- Experience/Knowledge of water distribution and waste water disposal in residential, commercial and industrial buildings relevant building codes, legislation, regulations, policies and procedures installation and maintenance
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to condition
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Annual Bonus potential
- On-call potential payments (for some roles, depending on business needs)
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more. It’s free to add up to 4 dependent children aged up to 24yrs (if in f/t education) and each child is entitled to 50% worth of your allowance for each category!
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Opportunities for career advancement – if that’s what you want, but it’s fine if you don’t
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)
If the above appeals to you apply today and/or pass on these vacancy details to someone who may also fit the bill. What have you got to lose?