Property & Construction
If you are an experienced Plumber and can also carry out minor carpentry repairs such as a kitchen drawer or cupboard repair and bath panel replacement, we would like to hear from you.
As a Paradigm Technician working for our (Direct Labour Operation) DLO, we’ll supply you with a fully equipped hybrid van (no insurance renewals or services to concern yourself with as we do that) and a fuel card to ensure you can get around easily. We’ll provide you with an electronic tablet where your you can see your scheduled jobs and access our intranet for the latest company news. You’ll also get a mobile ‘phone, work clothing and PPE and we’ll aim to book your jobs in your local area where possible. You will be the face of Paradigm and will deliver a quality service to our customers in their homes, so a friendly and polite manner is as important as competence and high standards of work in your given trade.
Role specific requirements:
- Relevant City & Guilds Part 1 & 2, NVQ2 or relevant experience
- Apprentice trained or apprx 5 years’ experience as a plumber
- Experience in domestic plumbing repairs
- Basic carpentry skills
- Current full driving licence (preferably clean)
Paradigm employees more than 550 staff has over 16,000 properties, with an annual turnover of +£120million, we are a financially strong, safety conscious, and an environmentally aware social housing provider. We endeavour to make the best use of our resources in order to provide a cost effective and professional service to our customers, we aim to provide a first fix service where possible, with professional, polite and competent people delivering and exceeding on our Customer Care Standards.
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, with the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Annual Bonus potential
- On-call potential payments (for some roles, depending on business needs)
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more. It’s free to add up to 4 dependent children aged up to 24yrs (if in f/t education) and each child is entitled to 50% worth of your allowance for each category!
- Recommend a friend scheme where you can earn £250 (Net) for each successful employee referral for one or more of our vacancies (conditions apply)
- 3 x paid Giving Back (Volunteer) days P/A for you to dedicate to a charitable organisation or similar
- Opportunities for career advancement – if that’s what you want, but it’s fine if you don’t
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)
If the above appeals to you apply today and/or pass on these vacancy details to someone who may also fit the bill. What have you got to lose?