Property & Construction
We are searching to find a truly exceptional individual to work in our Repairs Investment Team which is an integral part the Property (Services) directorate.
Reporting to the Operations Manager Planned and Surveying Works you will manage our Direct Labour Operations (DLO) team and use contractor labour as required to undertake all planned cyclical decorations and replacement of our window and door programmes. Whilst working closely with our admin support team. You will need to be organised, disciplined and flexible. The work is interesting and varied. You will need to work collaboratively and to a high standard.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- To manage and deliver the Investment Programmes as required by the Property Directorate, in efficiently and effectively delivering its stock investment and improvement programmes.
- Responsible for the delivery of planned stock investment programmes of work including all aspects of design, installation and operational services whilst maintaining budget management.
- Carry our sub-contractor reviews and action any poor performance.
- Ensure all Decent Homes Failures are carried out 1 year in advance.
- Leading and supporting the team in all aspects of, Contract Administration, Procurement, Health and Safety including Asbestos and (Construction Design Management (CDM) procedures and management.
- Plan resources effectively and ensure the team works efficiently to meet the needs of the customer and colleagues in delivering consistent customer Carry our regular team reviews, end of year appraisals and action any poor performance.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Professional Qualification (CIOB), or similar related experience.
- Prior experience of managing directly employed labour and sub-contractors preferably in Social Housing Sector.
- Good understanding of all trade works; including the following: kitchen & bathroom renewals, window & door replacements, roof upgrades gutter & fascia replacements, damp works, internal and external decoration works.
- Able to lead, motivate and supervise a large team to achieve targets and high standards of work and customer satisfaction.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with customers, external agencies and customer/resident.
- Pragmatic, creative approach to problem solving with emphasis on fast, practical solutions.
Paradigm Housing Group is one of the South East’s leading housing providers. We manage over 16,000 homes across 33 different local authorities. We work hard, strive for excellence and in return we offer a great place to work an attractive range of benefits as well as supporting flexible ways of working. We welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.
Our profits go into building more homes for people who need them and not in to paying dividends to shareholders. We have a great team and in this role you can really add value and have a positive personal impact on the future success of our business. You could be a few clicks away from a rewarding career with us.
Work pattern: 9-5.30pm Mon-Thurs, 9-5pm Fri with some flexibility (37 hours total).
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Annual onus potential
- Professional Sponsorship Scheme (subject to conditions) and professional subscriptions paid
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more.
- Remote / hybrid working
- Up to 3 paid Volunteer days a year
- Newly created modern offices collaborative offices, with free parking and charging points for electric vehicles
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)
We support flexible ways of working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.