Property & Construction
To work in our Repairs Investment (Planned Works) Team which is an integral part the Property (Services) directorate. Responsible for managing and delivering a programme of stock investment and major works worth c£3.9m a year to achieve the Decent Homes & Fitness for Human Habitation Standards, within a broader responsibility for the development and effective delivery of Capital works and improvement services in a designated area of operation, which include roof upgrades, damp works, large scale projects, refurbs’ and other specific projects.
- Carrying out a wide range of surveys and inspections, including damp and mould, structural defects, exchanges, condition, fire safety, disabled adaptations.
- Providing property related advice and support
- Project management of investment works
- Procurement and contract administration of project works using standard forms of contract.
- Supporting the Development department with post-inspections and handovers.
- Monitoring and managing associated operations budgets
- Promoting continuous departmental development.
- Assist the Surveying Services Manager in relation to options appraisals/ regeneration opportunities.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- A qualification in Building Surveying or Building Construction (diploma, HNC, degree) with a minimum of five years’ experience.
- Professional Qualification (CIOB, RIBA, RICS) or equivalent
- Experience delivering improvements, and planned maintenance, managing project budgets and contract administration.
- Expertise in a range of building surveys and repairs.
- Have a track record of effective building defects diagnosis
- A methodical approach with strong problem-solving skills.
- Good written skills and be confident managing figures and accounts.
- Be computer literate, confident using proprietary asset management software – experience using CAD is desirable.
- Good customer service skill
- A full driving licence and vehicle is also required for business use.
Paradigm Housing Group is one of the South East’s leading housing providers. We manage over 16,000 homes across 33 different local authorities. We work hard, strive for excellence and in return we offer a great place to work an attractive range of benefits as well as supporting flexible ways of working. We welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.
Our profits go into building more homes for people who need them and not in to paying dividends to shareholders. We have a great team and in this role you can really add value and have a positive personal impact on the future success of our business. You could be a few clicks away from a rewarding career with us.
Work pattern: 9-5.30pm Mon-Thurs, 9-5pm Fri with some flexibility (37 hours total).
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Annual onus potential
- Professional Sponsorship Scheme (subject to conditions) and professional subscriptions paid
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more.
- Remote / hybrid working
- Up to 3 paid Volunteer days a year
- Newly created modern offices collaborative offices, with free parking and charging points for electric vehicles
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)
We support flexible ways of working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.